Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Crazy Achmed posted:

This whole game is quite the trash fire. Press F to pay respects to anybody trying to make sense of the plot. Or, if you prefer, press F to pay respects to "Meth" Johnson who clearly must have directed the cutscenes.

So one thing has been bugging me the whole time, Lazyfire - why do you wait until your health is really low before picking up a kit? Surely if a health pickup doesn't max you out, nothing is wasted. Or is there something like the automatic game difficulty adjustment bullshit that made all the enemies in Max Payne (I think it was Max Payne, anyway) one-shot you if you went for too many levels without taking enough damage?

I guess I never fully explained this in the videos, but there is a logic to when I was grabbing health towards the end.

Enemies generally don't drop health packs on normal mode (I don't even want to guess what happens in hard mode) unless you are below 25 health, at which point there seems to be a chance that they will drop a regular health kit instead of a box of ammo. It came up in this video. So, because I have to run the level twice, essentially, it makes more sense to risk it a little and ride out a low health situation and hope for a drop and then combine it or use it instead of a placed-in-level pack. That way I'm saving or boosting the healing from the limited supply of packs and not making me wish I had managed the pickups better. The risk is, of course, I may die before I can grab a pack, but my previous deaths were more to enemy placement than health management.

mercenarynuker posted:

Pressing F to pay respects to Kate's black tactical scrunchy

I swear to god that was a graphical glitch, I cannot figure out if that was supposed to be like a really tight hairnet or if there was supposed to be a ponytail thing happening there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Let's just blame JJ Abrams and move on.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Kibayasu posted:

Let's just blame JJ Abrams and move on.

I mean, not a bad plan in general.

The thing I'm probably going to do next will have you complaining about mid-2000s Ridley Scott action movies, so that will be fun at least.