Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i miss being a dm. i've ran a few games but the most fun i ever had was doing the kids intro to 5e thing for a year or so at my friend kims game store. the kids had no problem pretending, and at one point they were at an orc stronghold, (it was set in tamriel), and the boys were like "THERES A BLACKSMITH CAN HE MAKE ME WEAPONS?!@<g" so i gave them sheets of paper to draw what they wanted and after a few in game days they got their new things.

i have never seen a 9 year old as concentrated as when sketching out their dream sword.

e:

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 14, 2020

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

i miss being a dm. i've ran a few games but the most fun i ever had was doing the kids intro to 5e thing for a year or so at my friend kims game store. the kids had no problem pretending, and at one point they were at an orc stronghold, (it was set in tamriel), and the boys were like "THERES A BLACKSMITH CAN HE MAKE ME WEAPONS?!@<g" so i gave them sheets of paper to draw what they wanted and after a few in game days they got their new things.

i have never seen a 9 year old as concentrated as when sketching out their dream sword.

e:

wholesome!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

biosterous

the NAME KILLER is an extremely rad sword name

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I wanna name it the "Sword of ChristMass Destruction".

Is that wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

take the moon

by sebmojo
SWORD CURES NAMES

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll me one D20 roll (reroll 1s 10s and 20s) and three sets of 20s, rerolling 1s 10s and 20s!

Also, 2 sets of percentage dice.

I have faith in you helping me to help you!

Sets of 20s as in you want 2 D20s per that sounds wrong the titanium die is the single die if you wanted singles.

First: 2
3 sets: 8 + 15, 4 + 12, 16 + 2
Percents: 100, 53

sig by owlhawk911

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

I just realized I only claimed a tamed spider for starting gear and a class of ranger. My stats already feel kind of high, I think I'm going for dual wielding axes thematically rest of the stuff I'll let PSP pick whats fair from what's remaining if anything. I'm not too picky on race I was thinking frog because a frog palling around with a spider seems right but the only frog race I know of are evil slavers and playing "the one good one" feels too cliche.

Roll me one D20 roll (reroll 1s 10s and 20s) and three sets of 20s, rerolling 1s 10s and 20s!

Also, 2 sets of percentage dice.

I have faith in you helping me to help you!

pixaal posted:

Sets of 20s as in you want 2 D20s per that sounds wrong the titanium die is the single die if you wanted singles.

First: 2
3 sets: 8 + 15, 4 + 12, 16 + 2
Percents: 100, 53

I knew you could do it!

The first 2 you rolled means you picked up a cursed coin that changed you into a froglok, a neutral good class of beings. You are around 4 feet tall, and you look like a frog. You don't remember much about your original race, curses tend to do that.

I needed three 20-sided single rolls to determine Armor, Weapons, and coin- in that order.

You rolled (counting only the first 20-sided die roll) an 8, a 4, and a 16.

You are wearing leather armor, 2 normal, non-magical axes, and you have 10,000 gold in the form of coins and gems in a pouch.

You rolled a 100%, and a 53% for the percentage rolls. These rolls were to determine your status in life- both before your adventuring career and after.

You are a Prince (or Princess, depending on the gender of your character- I didn't presume) in your other life- perhaps that's why someone gave you that cursed coin that turned you into a froglok?

You also have an IOU for a pair of decent axes, in the form of a rolled up scroll closed with a wax seal. Perhaps if you broke the seal (and rolled a 20-sided die) something might happen...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

My to-do list for tomorrow :)

Pixaal's Froglok Ranger (with spider fren)

biosterous

Pixaal's Froglok Ranger (with spider fren)

shaped like a friend

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Whoa, check it out; Wizards of the Coast is delivering a lot of their stuff for free, for people who are doing exactly what we are!

https://dnd.wizards.com/remote/freematerial

Stoner Sloth

that's really cool and it's good that they're aiming some of it at younger players to encourage new people into the hobby :peanut:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

hey been thinking 12 presence was too high given how alien Tak would seem, would it be possible to trade it down to 6 so there is a presence/charisma penalty in exchange for a feat in crossbow expertise and a proficiencies in tracking and perception? just figure that should be a net negative and not make it relatively easy to disguise himself and stuff plus like having at least one low score

e: figure the tracking/perception thing is a good translation to thri kreen being peerless hunters but leaving out the psionic bullshit which i don't think 5e even has rules for. Figure the crossbow expertise would be fair given net negative stats. Also no worries if you're not using exact 5e rules, just converting it to that so you got a baseline to work with and whatever is chill and works is good with me! :)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 16, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

hey been thinking 12 presence was too high given how alien Tak would seem, would it be possible to trade it down to 6 so there is a presence/charisma penalty in exchange for a feat in crossbow expertise and a proficiencies in tracking and perception? just figure that should be a net negative and not make it relatively easy to disguise himself and stuff plus like having at least one low score

e: figure the tracking/perception thing is a good translation to thri kreen being peerless hunters but leaving out the psionic bullshit which i don't think 5e even has rules for. Figure the crossbow expertise would be fair given net negative stats. Also no worries if you're not using exact 5e rules, just converting it to that so you got a baseline to work with and whatever is chill and works is good with me! :)

5e is sort of a guideline I'm using because there are parallels to the system I've been using for years. I can easily work it in.

As far as crossbow expertise, etc- sure, go for it.

Psionics are a "either you have it or you don't, and if you do, it's potent". You need at least a 17 in Int and Wis, and it takes a fairly high percentage dice score after all that.

I don't use psionics often, if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

5e is sort of a guideline I'm using because there are parallels to the system I've been using for years. I can easily work it in.

As far as crossbow expertise, etc- sure, go for it.

Psionics are a "either you have it or you don't, and if you do, it's potent". You need at least a 17 in Int and Wis, and it takes a fairly high percentage dice score after all that.

I don't use psionics often, if at all.

yeah, figured that they were just an extra complication and not exactly heaps keen on them

lol i did play them a few times in 2nd edition cause i had the handbook and with Dark Sun (which was the only setting i thought they worked well and that's cause everyone had access to them) but that sounds like it could be interesting if they're rare but scanner style powerful

Cool and thanks about the other stuff, i'll make the changes.