Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boggers
Apr 15, 2010
Interesting collectio of "kill" marks on planes and ships to denote victories over an enemy. Any to add?

https://www.navalhistory.org/2020/04/20/a-brief-illustrated-history-of-navy-victory-markings

Boggers fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
gently caress off gurf

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Got nothing close thread

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah they’re kinda like all the notches I have in my belt from all the times I hosed your mom op

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Army guys collect ears, more proof the navy sucks

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Boggers posted:

Interesting collectio of "kill" marks on planes and ships to denote victories over an enemy. Any to add?

https://www.navalhistory.org/2020/04/20/a-brief-illustrated-history-of-navy-victory-markings

Murder trophies, for the boomer who complains about trophies.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I also adorn my vehicle with numerous swastikas.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah they’re kinda like all the notches I have in my belt from all the times I hosed your mom op

yeah but her accounts receivable book has more entries (lol) than your belt

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Who “confirms” these kills, anyways?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

1redflag posted:

Abso-loving-lutely nobody until years, decades later.

Until anyone compares flight records from both sides after the war, assuming they haven't been destroyed, at best the confirmation would come from another pilot in the squadron.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i wanna see a picture of a psychopath with a big string of ears around his neck

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mama mia, OP, what a spicy collectio!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I have the same thing but with pictures of bicycles on my car.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

1redflag posted:

Someone sees the plane hit the ground or the pilot bailing out is a confirmed kill, if 2 people see it then its more likely to be confirmed, proper confirmed is if you have the wreckage. Proper old school super confirmed kill was you had to go pick up a piece of the plane you shot down or cut off the roundel out of the fabric.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The stick figure family figures ofc

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

One of the things I love about these forums is the fact you can just make a throwaway comment and people come out of the woodwork to drop some interesting info on your dumbass

bluewolf78
Apr 17, 2020

Didn't you forget your 'mom likes cum' on the tail fin?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

PinheadSlim posted:

Abso-loving-lutely nobody until years, decades later.

Until anyone compares flight records from both sides after the war, assuming they haven't been destroyed, at best the confirmation would come from another pilot in the squadron.

In World War 1 they usually required the pilot to retrieve a piece of the fabric from the aircraft they shot down.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Julius CSAR posted:

In World War 1 they usually required the pilot to retrieve a piece of the fabric from the aircraft they shot down.

Yeah my head was stuck in WW2 for some reason, specifically the Eastern Front.

Tankers there were also notorious about over-inflated kill counts too

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

1redflag posted:

One of the things I love about these forums is the fact you can just make a throwaway comment and people come out of the woodwork to drop some interesting info on your dumbass

Since everyone is stuck at home you have to imagine a huge swarm of hawks cruising over the entire forum looking at everything, now imagine they are fatter and balding, now imagine they have no pants on.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Flannelette posted:

now imagine they have no pants on.

Waaaay ahead of ya bro

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Didn't they also have gun cam footage

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Every time you report someone and they get banned you should get a skull and crossbones added under your name.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

Every time you report someone and they get banned you should get a skull and crossbones added under your name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Ssme but for making mods quit