Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I just wish her verbal tick wasn't a whole sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just wish her verbal tick wasn't a whole sentence.

That's her catchprase. Her verbal tick is saying "karan" whenever she should be saying "kara", but that's super untranslatable.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 29, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the strongest element of Appmon is how respectful it is of the monster of the week formula, and how much character gets to be shown there. Add to that Eri's goal being explored in these motw episodes, and you get one of the best characters in all of digimon, and one of the best women in shonen anime.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd honestly call Eri the best written female character in the franchise. She gets to be as powerful as the boys, while also staying relevant, and never gets a dethroning moment like Ruki did with having to give up her strength to make Ryou more powerful.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
01 July
Episode 39 - A New Power: The App Drive Duo!

quote:

With the help of Deneimon, Haru and the others acquire App Drive Duos, and head to the Appmon Graveyard to save Yujin! What is the secret power hidden inside their new Drives?!,

Episode 40 - The Return of the Ultimate Four! Cloud's Challenge!

quote:

The rest of the team leave Rei and Hackmon to face Biomon as they race forward, but Eri and Dokamon are confronted by Beautymon, and Torajiro and Musimon are stopped by Fakemon!,

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
04 July

Episode 41 - The Ultimate Clash! Globemon Versus Charismon!

quote:

Haru arrives at Charisma Castle, where Yujin is being held by Leviathan. There, he faces off with the strongest of the Ultimate Four, Charismon, and learns the true identity of the sinister Cloud!,

Episode 42 - Rei's Determination! The Plan to Take Back Hajime!

quote:

Rei has found a clue about Hajime's whereabouts. Though Eri is thinking of quitting Appliyama because of L-Corp's new CEO, he gets her to agree to let him disguise as her manager to infiltrate the company. But what is his plan?!,

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wow, they're going as full hog as they can on national television on the 'How the internet is kinda screwed the gently caress up' idea with these Ultimate Four guys, aren't they?

Edit: 41's just a whole thing isn't it?

Edit2: Heh, (42) Rei Wears the Clark Kent ensamble like a champ :v:

(42)
Rei: Things have gone south
Hackmon: What's wrong?
Rei: I've become the Jumping ThunderMouse
Hackmon: ... (Camera Zooms in) His signature move is the jumping happy thunder
Rei: ... Why do you know that?

This show's gonna kill me.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 4, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
08 July

Episode 43 - Wake Up, Sleepmon! Return of the Appmon Championship!

quote:

Let's see who can get Sleepmon to wake up first! The Appmon try all different kinds of tactics, but Sleepmon shows no sign of waking, so...,

Episode 44 - Catch the Runaway Bootmon!

quote:

Hajime, finally himself again, learns of Operation: Human Applications, a plan to turn all of humanity into easily-regulated data. And the key to stopping Leviathan's terrible plan is... Bootmon?!,

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm a little ahead so I'll just drop this one;

(44) Somewhere, in the vast Amala Network that is the Digimon Multiverse, Yugdrasil is shaking with pure misanthropic rage and it doesn't know why.

But seriously tho, Levianthan's endgame is seriously hosed up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
11 July

Episode 45 - Collision?! Gatchmon Versus Agumon!

quote:

Video game characters are causing chaos in IOT devices everywhere! Haru finds that a common link behind the rampages is a character from a monster-raising RPG he played as a child...,

Episode 46 - The Starry Sky Promise! The Great Astora Escape Plan!

quote:

Astora is determined to stream a meteor shower live for a special fan in the hospital, but he's ambushed and sent to live at an inescapable temple complex. Time for the team to run a jailbreak!,

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 11, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And now we're into endgame.

16 July

Episode 47 - The Truth About Yujin

quote:

Bootmon keeps running away with his emergency evacuation program! The team completes a special program which lets Haru finally make contact... but just then, Yujin starts acting strangely...,

Episode 48 - Activate! Operation: Human Applications!

quote:

Just as things seemed to be working out, Yujin revealed his terrible secret: he was a Leviathan-created AI all along! Bootmon is evolved into a more advanced form, and the God-grades are released...,

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
(47) This gun's been on the mantlepiece since the start but this is some Level-5 batshit plot twisting. The daft thing is that I buy this as a twist.

(48) Yeah, figgures that part of the final badguy would stright up be God.

(49) : Uh, er ... :tviv:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 15, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
18 July
Episode 49 - The Miraculous Final Evolution! The God Appmon Descend!

quote:

Leviathan initiates Operation: Human Applications, and little by little, the people of the world are converted into apps. Eri, Astora, and Rei apprealize their God Appmon to try to defeat Deusmon!,
Episode 50 - Bonds of Hope! Haru and Gaiamon!!

quote:

A massive shadow appears in the skies and throws the city into chaos! Who would have thought Leviathan would apprealize, too? Haru gets the Gaiamon chip, but can he bring back his best friend Yujin?,

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 18, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
23 July (Final)
Episode 51 - The Artificial Intelligence's Dream

quote:

More and more people are bathed in Leviathan's light, and turned into apps. Leviathan has also consumed the God Appmon to install them into himself. Can he be stopped?!,
Episode 52 - Our Singularity

quote:

It's finally time for the showdown with Leviathan, and to show him Haru and Gatchmon's buddy power! The App Drivers will all stand up to ensure humanity's future!,

Thank you for your continued support over these last thirteen weeks, Digimon Adventure : is back and I hope that I have allowed more people to see one of the most overlooked chapters in the Digimon saga.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Sorry that discourse kinda died down but it's a really solid show and it was a fun simulwatch. Thanks for organizing it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, unfortunately real life and forums drama kind of killed my momentum with the simulwatch, but I very much appreciated it, as it did get me to finally start watching applimon, which had been on my watchlist since Strange Quark made a post about it one of the favorite anime of the year threads. Hopefully I'll finish it off in a few weeks and be able to give a full review on it. Thanks again ConanThe3rd for making this thread.