Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018
Hello

I was thinking that this thread could be interesting to someone for some reason or other perhaps, as people like to ask a number of things, such as about what dreams look like and if heightened sense of smell exists, but it will be more fun for me to answer questions that happen instead of writing a big post, especially if it is not interesting to anyone. My vision is not completely gone in the sense of seeing black how people may think of being blind, but is impaired as to be considered legally blind.

I can say first that I am 28 years old, and I am not a native English-speaker, and I am married to a man.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Apparently you accidentally auto banned. I uh, don’t mean to be indelicate but I gotta admit I’m laughing.

Reopened the thread. Looks like you already bought your account back? I’m going to throw some account goodies your way by means of a “ thanks for coming back”. You should have PMs in a bit.

Out of curiosity what reader software are you using? There was a blind poster I used to know in another forum who stopped posting after his reader updated and stopped working with these ancient forums.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Can you describe what Goatse looks like in your mind's eye?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Ok, I snuck onto my admin tools and yeah, OP was still banned. I fixed that. Hopefully he comes back. I'll send him a PM and hope that he catches the email notification.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Unfortunate opening aside, were you born with your current state of visual impairment, or did it deteriorate over time?

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.
Practically, how do you view the internet?

Do you use one of those text to sound apps or are you able to see enough to read with certain adjustments?

Is it a tunnel vision type deal? If I could only read a part of the screen i'd probably miss the DON'T USE THESE TAGS message on the left too.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

:coolspot: Welcome back, OP :coolspot:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hello OP. We have a blind man on the forums who shoots guns, which is as far as I know typically not done by blind people because they can't see what they're shooting at. However this person still enjoys it.

Do you have any hobbies that people would typically associate only with the visually unimpaired?

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 29, 2020

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
How do you perceive colours? Do you have a feeling or base line like "White is cold like snow" or "yellow feels like sunshine"? If so, how do you decide what colours go together and what clashes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What if, hear me out. What if he can't find his way back to this thread

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Op do you ever worry you could be declared illegally blind and you'll have to go on the run Logan's run style?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

What if, hear me out. What if he can't find his way back to this thread

:getout:

What is sex like for you?

Douglas Legs
Nov 25, 2022

by Hand Knit
Not OP, but I once went temporarily blind, and it was absolutely torturous. What an experience. It's way worse than what you'd expect.

I was in my college years. And what do college years delinquents do? They have frat parties with other fratty delinquents. They have a good time. And they drink. They get absolutely loaded on the devils tonic.

So there I was. Doing a little bit of drinking, getting a little grabby with my gal Charleese, drinking some more. Getting my fill of the devils tonic in my gorgeous twenty-odd year old belly. But what I wasn't aware of was this: I didn't notice how filled my belly was becoming. It was becoming more filled than it had ever been filled. All with that alcohol. The devils tonic was filling me beyond the brim.

And there's a unexpected thing that happens when you drink a lot: you don't realize how drunk you are. The unexpected thing that occurs to you once you're loaded on the devils tonic is that your ability to perceive your own drunkenness flies out the window like a history textbook out the sixtieth story of the dormitories.

Then what do you do? You drink more. You drink another bottle. And another. And then....

You go blind.

But that's not what happened to me. I was only 80% blind. My peripheries were blackened to the shade of doom. Which was fine enough by me. I could still see some color, but it was mostly black and white and everything blurred together into one shade. So after some getting used to, I could tell there was something furniture-sized nearby by the shade of gray, but couldn’t exactly tell which type of furniture. And it was scary because it was like losing the ability to interact with the world, but I could still interact with that sweet booty and I'd still be able to see Charleese's smoochy lips as I smoochie-smoochie them. I poked around for her booty. And found it. I grabbed it and took a big squeeze with my booty squeezing hand. It was a hefty squeeze that would make any booty-owner squeak. But when I looked over, it wasn’t the booty of Charleese at all. Her booty had transformed into the booty of a man! And that man was none other than: Chet Velcro. All news is good news, but this news was bad news. Chet Velcro – I'm sure you've heard of him. The biggest baddest jock on the football team. He could run from this side of the field to the other. And throw the ball all the way. But most of all, he had kicking powers you wouldn't believe. He’s broken so many records in the kicking department. One time a football exploded into dust when he tried to do a field-goal kick. They gave him 20 points for it. Yeah, he’s that good.

He was pissed as all heck. You could see the gross veins in his forehead twitch with rage. I tried to diffuse the situation by calling it a love tap, but he was having none of it. He back-walked away from me as a crowd formed around us. And he put his index fingers on the side of his temples, pointing at me as if he was a bull like he does in his game-sport games. He charged and he flew at me at blinding speed. When inches away from me, he pulled his leg back in a dazzling arch, and swung his foot to my groin with impossible force. His big toe clashing into my plums furiously, destroying the sack. The roundhouse kick turned my plums into blueberry jam.

Pain struck through my plums, up my spine, and to my eyeballs, which made the AWOOGA popout thing they do in those old cartoons that are super violent. Air escaped my chest tombs as I collapsed to the floor. My plums gushed with hostility, anger, and hate. They would be swollen for months.

Next thing I knew, everything was black. I figured the searing pain had made my eyes explode. The realization tormented me. I would never again open my eyes to see beautiful college views. I would never see again. I grasped around me and called for help. But no one shared my concern. College delinquents find this kind of thing funny. They hooted and hollered. My wailing receiving no sympathy.

Things took a turn for the worst. The humans of college are known for their pranks, and they chose this situation as an opportunity. As I writhed on the floor, they decided it would be funny to take turns making GBS threads on me. Now normally I’d also find it funny to poo poo on someone, but this time it was different: it was happening to me. making GBS threads happening to me is not funny under any circumstances.

I didn't know what was coming. All I thought about was the beautiful sunsets that I’ll never see again. My life as a child on the farm when my eyes were young and new and had the ability to look. Back when I could see with my eyeballs every color instead of only black. Oh those times on the farm. The horses galloping, the chickens a-roosting, the cows– That's when I noticed it started to smell like a farm. Had my lack of sight given me superhuman smell? Had I become a superhero? It intensified. It became putrid. A malicious scent battered me as sticky warmth slowly encased my face. I reflexively screamed, which made the steamy goodness flood into my mouth. Their farts taunted me as they sprayed mud and intestinal vapors upon my weakened body. The stench collected and merged and multiplied at exponential rates. It’s something you couldn’t get used to. Every second it got worse and worse. It got so bad that people vomited in disgust. Everyone fled the room to save their noses. But I couldn't get away. I was stuck at the bottom of a heavy pile of stink, holding me down, as I moaned and wailed in agony.

That was not a fun time, and the building had to be destroyed. The deen got really mad about it too since some kid died when he couldn't get out in time to escape the smell. My plums grew three sizes that day but eventually healed, and my vision came back too.

So let that be a lesson to you. Don’t drink too much or a man will kick you in the plums, rendering you temporarily blind and making an entire college party poo poo on you with their violent drunk shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:imunfunny:epic