Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Hey YOSPOS,

It is me Heated Gaming Moment. I’m not sure why my av says YOSPOS or who it is, but that is for another day.

How can I use computer terms in every day life to help spread the awareness of computers? I have a few ideas to run by you. If you don’t like them, that’s OK. Please let me know. However, I would love to hear some of your suggestions, too.

When you think about it, eating food is kind of like uploading a big dump, am I right?

Raking leaves could be defragging because you’re taking all those little leaves and putting them in a more efficient form. I’m going to go defrag the yard, honey. That’s something we can say.

Lifting weights can be like upgrading your RAM. The muscles are your RAM. You start with some, but you need more so you can do more, so you work really hard and then you have more RAM and you can get more girls or complements or guys. In fact, at the gym you can say something fun like hey I’m squatting four plates of chips for my RAM. The crowd would probably like that one.

Another idea is when you say good night you can say I’m going to sleep and then say in parentheses (like a computer.) In the morning you can jump out of bed and say I am rebooted!

Just throwing out some ideas. Please help me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
whenever you go to j/o at work say you’re off to “do the needful”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a "pro tip" is to use the word cache instead of cash for a humorous juxtaposition.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grok

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

when i gently caress and cum in my computer, i call it "posting"

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I routinely take a log dump

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
iphone. macbook pro, baby. apple watch.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Stebe.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

President Beep posted:

whenever you go to j/o at work say you’re off to “do the needful”

I’m not familiar with this one.

Thanks!

polyester concept posted:

Ligma Linux

WilWheaton posted:

Great.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

using computer jargon irl would be cute but it all reminds me of parts of esr's jargon file and makes me :hotpickle:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
whenever you have a great idea about something call it "something 2.0"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

WilWheaton posted:

we know, we can see your posts

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

computer

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
man I love being a tailor - I get to rip threads all day

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

polyester concept posted:

wish youd do it in privacy ie not on here

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Hey YOSPOS,

It is me Heated Gaming Moment. I’m not sure why my av says YOSPOS or who it is, but that is for another day.

How can I use computer terms in every day life to help spread the awareness of computers? I have a few ideas to run by you. If you don’t like them, that’s OK. Please let me know. However, I would love to hear some of your suggestions, too.

When you think about it, eating food is kind of like uploading a big dump, am I right?

Raking leaves could be defragging because you’re taking all those little leaves and putting them in a more efficient form. I’m going to go defrag the yard, honey. That’s something we can say.

Lifting weights can be like upgrading your RAM. The muscles are your RAM. You start with some, but you need more so you can do more, so you work really hard and then you have more RAM and you can get more girls or complements or guys. In fact, at the gym you can say something fun like hey I’m squatting four plates of chips for my RAM. The crowd would probably like that one.

Another idea is when you say good night you can say I’m going to sleep and then say in parentheses (like a computer.) In the morning you can jump out of bed and say I am rebooted!

Just throwing out some ideas. Please help me out.

hilarious have you considered writing for the 'front page'

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pram posted:

hilarious have you considered writing for the 'front page'

+1

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I mentally replace all the "e"s in every word I speak or write with 3s and it makes me feel cool like some sort of a private club or something

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

e.g. "your girl is an e"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
yo mama's so easy she's like a system bus at a star trek convention

every data gets a ride

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

while waiting to hear back from someone constantly message them "sned"

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
call your kitchen counter "the Desktop" for instance (when chopping onions) "put a shortcut to the onions on 'the Desktop'" or "I left your car keys on 'the Desktop'"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
im not an alcoholic im grinding beers to level my tolerance stat

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My mom is a hoarder. You don't want to see their attic or basement. When she first started learning about digital devices? She even forgot she bought the same phone twice.

Reining her in is getting better now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Zeluth posted:

My mom is a hoarder. You don't want to see their attic or basement. When she first started learning about digital devices? She even forgot she bought the same phone twice.

Reining her in is getting better now.

my posts do not bring me joy which is why i try to get rid of them

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
"Look at all those red hats who think Coronavirus is a hoax"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how do I computer and life better

pram
Jun 10, 2001
rtfm

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
maybe when you haven’t had you’r coffee and are taking a long time to think you could say “does not compute” or another funny computer error message

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This is not a very good thread. It is such a bad thread that it is improved via my presence in it.

Think on your sins, Heated Gaming Moment.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Schadenboner posted:

This is not a very good thread. It is such a bad thread that it is improved via my presence in it.

Think on your sins, Heated Gaming Moment.

heated shaming moment

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

carry on then posted:

heated shaming moment

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

carry on then posted:

heated shaming moment

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

carry on then posted:

heated shaming moment

I mean, Skyfall wasn’t that bad?

:colbert:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
syntax error abort retry fail lol

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
sync workers: 9am to 5pm 5 days a week

async workers: 40 hrs a week

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

35 hours per week.

I can sustain myself for seven hours straight without a meal. fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

35 hours per week.

I can sustain myself for seven hours straight without a meal. fight me.

soylent counts though.