Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Over the last few days, whenever I open a front page article, some JavaScript shenanigans have been causing my browser to become very unresponsive and its CPU usage to shoot way up. I don't know if this should be here or in QCS, but I thought QCS was for forums issues, and this is about the front page, so I'm posting it here. I'm guessing it's related to ad code, but having an ad-blocker isn't helping at all. I normally use Safari, but I'm getting the same poo poo in Chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'll bring it to the attention of the people who do that, thanks.

Edit: Oh, yeah it's happening to me too. The people in charge are currently looking into it.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 1, 2020

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Thanks. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I confirm this is also happening to me, on Vivaldi. No adblocker currently on.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
bump