Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Welcome to the Internet VFW, formerly known as GiP or Goons in Platoons. This forum is populated by persons who have, are, or want to join military, emergency response, and similar uniformed services. You don't have to have anything to do with the uniformed services to post here. We like to talk about everything from current events to DIY, so :justpost:

We have a few rules here. Main forum rules apply, but we have a few local rules in addition.

Goons in Platoons Rules posted:

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes -- Arguments will happen, but attacks on posters instead of their arguments are frowned upon. Partying on is optional.
GIP is not a "FYAD Lite" -- This means that inline NSW images or racism will be punished; normal SA rules apply.
Do not violate OPSEC! -- If you see a post that you believes violates OPSEC please report it AND PM me.
Blanket Racism/Slur/Inclusion Rule-- I want GiP to be a place for everybody, and I want it to be inclusive of people and conducive to discussion. Slurs are ugly nouns used to define a group based on one or more of their inherent characteristics, that is characteristics that they cannot change. Slurs are not allowed here. I will punish you very, very hard for using slurs. Same goes for dog whistles. Bad faith posting and signalling are not hard to see through.
Shitposting in the Get Help Thread is forbidden -- Please do not cause trouble in a thread meant to be a resource for troubled goons.
The Current Events Thread is for current events -- Discussions and even heated debate will inevitably occur there and that's fine, but sustained discussions on politically-charged topics should go into a thread dedicated to that topic.
Mod Discretion Exists -- These rules are more like guidelines and I have zero patience for "I'm not touching you!" games where you cleverly rules-lawyer yourself a post that technically doesn't break any of these rules but it still goes against the spirit of them.
Don't Post Snuff - What constitutes snuff will come down to mod discretion but if the whole point of what you're posting is to show death then don't post it.
Suicide is not a joke - Too many of us have lost friends and loved ones for this to be a punchline.

:siren:Informative discussion thread:siren:
  • Active Duty / Prospective Enlistees Resource & Discussion thread. Post here with questions about joining the military. Be prepared for brutal honesty.
  • Veterans Resource & Discussion thread. VA benefits and entitlements, nonprofits, etc.
  • Help Sometimes we're feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to go. This thread is a good place to start.

:siren:Service-Specific Threads:siren: (these change frequently)

:siren:Kick Back and Relax threads:siren:

Welcome to our weird world. As always, bash the fash.

McNally fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Hello lurkers and visitors from other subforums! Please don't drive-by shitpost. If you're going to say something, do so for the purpose of being involved in a conversation. If you drop a hot take and disappear then you're going to find that your ability to post will disappear as well.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Slight emendation to the "be excellent to each other and party on, dudes" rule: You cannot use this as a shield if you're not arguing in good faith. If you're just blatantly pissing people off and they respond accordingly, I'm likely going to push buttons on you and not them.