Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm too busy reading books about the French/Haitian revolutions and praying to papa Toussaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Ending spoilers: Maneck deciding to come back to his home and reopen his father's store only to go down to visit the city and realize the horror that had befallen Om, Ishvar, and Dina. Was this the reason he killed himself? Why did he not stop and talk to Om and Ishvar? Was it guilt for being away and pursuing money and a way out of India? The only one to escape the Emergency ended up with the most grief and sorrow.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
This book just reinforced how cruel, unfair, unjust, and chaotic the world is to me.

I'd be interested to hear how the PM's death and how India reacted in the years after. I know nothing about Indian politics other than Modi seeming to be cut from the same cloth as her but potentially worse.