Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Frieren standing up and Stark immediately jumping under the blanket with Fern :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

TwoPair posted:

She hasn't killed anyone, but it doesn't mean she's not ready to beat a motherfucker up.

She gonna beat em senseless

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

Frieren standing up and Stark immediately jumping under the blanket with Fern :3:

Boy has like 2% body fat. Stark gets cold.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I'll go a bit against the grain and say that dumping 15 new characters at once, plus a couple of shadowy organizations that have always been there, just out of frame! feels very awkward. I guess the first class mage exam arch also started like that? I experienced that one through the anime.

Then again somebody mentioned Frieren seems to do the tropey shonen arcs well, with some nice twists thrown it. I almost dropped the exam arc because it felt like any other generic exam/tournament arc, butbthey pulled me back eventually.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Markovnikov posted:

I'll go a bit against the grain and say that dumping 15 new characters at once, plus a couple of shadowy organizations that have always been there, just out of frame! feels very awkward. I guess the first class mage exam arch also started like that? I experienced that one through the anime.

Then again somebody mentioned Frieren seems to do the tropey shonen arcs well, with some nice twists thrown it. I almost dropped the exam arc because it felt like any other generic exam/tournament arc, butbthey pulled me back eventually.

I agree it's awkward but the exam arc working out so well is why I have hope that they can pull that trick again. Then again perhaps doing it right once is perhaps not proof-positive you can keep on doing it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

LostRook posted:

That's a surprising origin out of nowhere. So Frieren was part of the CIA...

I don't think there is an organization called the Holy Wand Court, I think over hundreds of years mages have told stories about being defeated by an elf with a Holy Wand symbol and they assumed they were different elves because of the time frame, but it was actually all just Frieren.

Reik fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Welp, viz region blocked all non anglo countries :v: guess it's off to shady aggregators I go