Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
i know this is very yospos of me but i hate bad spreadsheets, like where there are weird entries that make no sense, or the formulas are totally convoluted and break if you try to add anything at all, and the text is formatted to ancient sigils that unleashe a horrible evil if you use the format painter. i just want to know how much ammunition my child army used last month without having to ask Dustin in accounting to explain it to me, you know what i mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

going through life thinking there is a second alphabet that starts with AA

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

cda posted:

i know this is very yospos of me but i hate bad spreadsheets, like where there are weird entries that make no sense, or the formulas are totally convoluted and break if you try to add anything at all, and the text is formatted to ancient sigils that unleashe a horrible evil if you use the format painter. i just want to know how much ammunition my child army used last month without having to ask Dustin in accounting to explain it to me, you know what i mean?

The spreadsheet I used to answer your rhetorical question said "ask again later"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

nut

my son austin does the what are thooooose meme but to my old thinkpad and says “you know they have Microsoft 365 now right? hahaha you probably only paid for that once drat dad how did you make it past the gigantic comet that killed all the other dinosaurs??”

me: *enters -1 to the favourite sons column, watching the net sums favourite sons change to read 0 because of a formula I entered in the cell earlier*

google THIS

Putting an equals sign in the formula and nothing else because some cells don't have to be anything man they can just be

Jaguars!

A Benedictine monk, lovingly illuminating a column in a manuscript before realizing that the date has been formatted incorrectly

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 2, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

google THIS posted:

Putting an equals sign in the formula and nothing else because some cells don't have to be anything man they can just be

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what doctors call a madman

google THIS

nut posted:

my son austin does the what are thooooose meme but to my old thinkpad and says “you know they have Microsoft 365 now right? hahaha you probably only paid for that once drat dad how did you make it past the gigantic comet that killed all the other dinosaurs??”

me: *enters -1 to the favourite sons column, watching the net sums favourite sons change to read 0 because of a formula I entered in the cell earlier*

I nipped that in the bud. By the fifth "Wow son, you really Excel at this!" they stop critiquing you, or speaking to you at all, really.

cda

by Hand Knit

Jaguars! posted:

A Benedictine monk, lovingly illuminating a column in a manuscript before realizing that the date has been formatted incorrectly

Relatable

Heather Papps

hello friend

had my grandson digitize my enemies list but after i had him add his name at the end and murdered him in cold blood i can't for the life of me figure out how to strike his name out

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

coupons_and_deals.xlsx

did i do it right

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Robot Made of Meat

If it helps any, I had a co-worker who always referred to them as "spreadcheeks."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cda

by Hand Knit

Heather Papps posted:

had my grandson digitize my enemies list but after i had him add his name at the end and murdered him in cold blood i can't for the life of me figure out how to strike his name out

lol

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
If you have a shared google sheet and the upper left hand square isn't a cursor resting zone for when you are just looking at it, it is a bad spreadsheet.

more falafel please

forums poster

Gross Dude posted:

If you have a shared google sheet and the upper left hand square isn't a cursor resting zone for when you are just looking at it, it is a bad spreadsheet.

I just learned about this concept and it's amazing

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Zarin

I SEE YOU

Heather Papps posted:

If it's in Excel, try selecting the cell and hitting CTRL+5

Also my favorite is when there is not really any reason to link workbooks across disparate network drives together but someone forgot to paste values back over their last VLOOKUP and now the drat thing won't stop giving me errors every time I open it because FOR SOME REASON I "don't have access to that user's C:\ drive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stooge

using vlookups to see if I'm a good match for my crush