Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
:siren:Hey PC gamers! :siren: These uncertain times have left the real world a scary place! We want you to know that we're with you here in the digital world to pwn newbs! Lets all reminisce about our favorite brands who understand us.

I dont have anything to say about this one tbh

Our friends a couple of ponds over got whoever the hell these AMD girls are supposed to be. Those more tuned to the world of japanese animation might tell us if these folks are real or just generic animes.

hey look our cyber dog wolf friend is back

heads up from an epic gamer showing us his awesome battle station.
:nws::nws:
Concept art of a Mass Effect 2 character, with mature themes for adult gamers only, right guys? these were on store shelves lmao.

Probably my favorite because capitalism is a nightmare, and luckily AMD is here to save us from capitalist Team Green because going AMD is very much like protesting growing wealth inequality and social stratification. The Republic of Gamers will no longer stand for this oppression

Low hanging fruit not worth posting is Zotac's incredibly crappy but probably accurate "Live to Game" slogan that almost burst open my stomach ulcer when I was building a PC for a friend last week and a sticker with that fell out of the box. I've actually been building multiple computers for friends lately and the incredibly dumb branding has bothered me more than it should. I think id buy a Noctua GPU if it didn't look like a space ship, even if it only came in poo brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I wish that cunning wolf wouldn't hide behind that domino mask so I knew which wolf it really was.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they must have printed millions of that same do not disturb door hanger since it spanned multiple card generations. I was lucky enough to own an outright Alpha Dog branded gpu. maybe his swansong?

also this

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Stumbled on a forum post while hunting for these:

loving neogaf posted:

I want someone to do a Smash Brothers / Sony All-stars fighting game where all the combatants are the terrible characters from these boxes.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

In a world of robot frogs, sexy 3D renders, and xxxtreme gamer dogs, DFI went for a certain amount of realism with their LAN party series of motherboards

Jesus motherboards were ugly back then

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

SO DEMANDING posted:

In a world of robot frogs, sexy 3D renders, and xxxtreme gamer dogs, DFI went for a certain amount of realism with their LAN party series of motherboards

Jesus motherboards were ugly back then

I had that exact board, they were surprisingly good for the time. The bright garish colors were UV reactive and would glow under a blacklight, which was apparently the thing to do with your newly modded windowed case.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I am in absolute love with this. I do actually like the unicorn vomit ugly motherboards though. The purple boards are actually sorta cool looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Man, things sure were garish back in the day. How fortunate that gaming has matured and is now all about serious, realistic military simulations where you can feel the impact of every bullet.

:911: