Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

my bad friend, just listening to a cool podcast about serial killers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

pardon?
*removes one earbud*
oh yes it is a lovely day, for sure

haha yes sorry i'm listening to binaural beats, you know, trying to trick my brain into a positive mindse- oh. okay have a nice day!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

these are instructions i can not take them out i can not hear u my apologies

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"WHAT??? ALL THE ASSHOLES ARE STARING AT US RIGHT NOW!!!"

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am a space alien these are part of my body this is the only english i know, repeating in three two one, i am a space alien

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"IF I TAKE OUT AN EARBUD TO SPEAK WITH YOU THE DEMONIC BEING I AM CONTAINING WITHIN MY OWN LIVING SKULL WILL THEN BE FREE TO ROAM YOUR PLANE"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

upon noting communication, yank firmly upon the cable and yell "FINALLY I AM FREE!!!!!"

nut

me, using a robotic voice: these r just my ears, officer

frump truck

hello... again!

UUUAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!! *tear open shirt*

alnilam

You know how the salute used to be raising your hood or visor to be seen and handshake used to be showing you are unarmed I've often wondered if some day people will greet each other or show they are listening by doing a lil motion like pulling one earbud out even though earbuds have not existed for centuries and that will be the new salute or bow or whatever

frump truck

hello... again!

I'M!!!!!! WEEEEEOOOOAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
I see that you are talking to me despite the fact that it's obvious I am listening to my cool music. Please discontinue this activity so I may go back to enjoying my cool music. Thank you.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

biosterous

alnilam posted:

You know how the salute used to be raising your hood or visor to be seen and handshake used to be showing you are unarmed I've often wondered if some day people will greet each other or show they are listening by doing a lil motion like pulling one earbud out even though earbuds have not existed for centuries and that will be the new salute or bow or whatever

hell yes, speculating about future gestures is rad

like in neal stephenson's "seveneves", there's a bit about how these future space cultures have different salutes based on how their cultural matriarchs raised their space visor when interacting with each other. it's a great lil bit of the book

biosterous fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 11, 2020

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

them: please listen, nut

nut: NA NA NA GASOOOOLIIIINA, HUMANUMA GASOLIIIIINA

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

hell yes, speculating about future gestures is rad

like in neil stephenson's "seveneves", there's a bit about how these future space cultures have different salutes based on how their cultural matriarchs raised their space visor when interacting with each other. it's a great lil bit of the book

Seveneves was dope, I would have read another 500 pages of future nonsense. I'm a bit of a Stephenson fanboy but the man can't write an ending to save his life.

HP: as LAP reported, this is literally the most obnoxious poo poo in the world and I swear the next person who talks to me whilst I'm wearing earbuds is going to catch some hands, seriously, I'm not trying to talk to you.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

any comebacks for when you can't hear what was said and then you take out the earbud and than the person just laughs when you say pardon

Slumpy
*takes one out* oh? ah? sor *puts it back in* ry *takes it back out* got me earbuds in? whats the update???

slumpy

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Heather Papps posted:

any comebacks for when you can't hear what was said and then you take out the earbud and than the person just laughs when you say pardon

The only answer for that is fisticuffs. Either that or you do that thing you used to do when you were like ten and imitate their laughing while making a sour face.

Slumpy
say again? stupid?

slumpy

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Heather Papps posted:

the key here is to keep the buds in until your assailant stops moving their lips. maintain eye contact. have patience. this can take ages.

once they cease their unlawful communique, you can pull out a bud and say "pardon?". your assailant will probably be momentarily miffed at having to repeat that whole cool story they told you. maybe next time they'll pick up on your social signal, but even if they don't you have won a small victory today in terms of frustration

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

biosterous

rear end-penny posted:

Seveneves was dope, I would have read another 500 pages of future nonsense. I'm a bit of a Stephenson fanboy but the man can't write an ending to save his life.

same and same and same!! the few he's written with other people tend to have much stronger endings imo.

gallery of sigs

he/him

Yinlock

*humming the song i'm listening to, slowly moving closer and humming louder so you'll ask me about it*

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

lol on one hand this sounds strangely possible and I applaud your cleverness, on the other hand if this happened it would definitely one of those "shaking your fist at those drat kids" situations.

nut

is there a greater rage than that of having your earbuds ripped out by a passing doorknob?

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

is there a greater rage than that of having your earbuds ripped out by a passing doorknob?

only realizing you've cut the cable while using a hedge trimmer, i think?

vanisher

nut posted:

how about finding them in a pants pocket as you pull them out of the dryer

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Areola Grande

vanisher posted:

how about finding them in a pants pocket as you pull them out of the dryer

my knuckle tattoo: curly 4 life

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

“These are the only things keeping my brain in place.”

Then take one out and have a fake seizure.

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

Or a real seizure if you’re epileptic, IDK

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

same and same and same!! the few he's written with other people tend to have much stronger endings imo.

Totally. DODO and Mongoliad had much better endings. Lmao Seveneves was just like "ok I decided to stop writing now."

I felt that post about catching your cord on a doorknob in my soul.

vanisher

(seizing for real, really owning the idiot who tried to talk to you while you wore your earbuds)

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Heather Papps

hello friend

don't say anything just get one of those dog vests that says "NERVOUS" across your chest/back

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
"have you heard the word of our lord and savior Jesus Chroist??"

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I'd say, "Hey, can you keep it down, I'm watching Air Bud"

Areola Grande

Literally A Person posted:

"have you heard the word of our lord and savior Jesus Chroist??"

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Me: "Oh sorry. I didn't see you there."

Them: "Wait. What?"

Stooge

here's a cool phrase you can use, even if you've never skated in your life:

oh sorry, can you repeat that? I was too busy doing a kickflip and listening to Papa roach

biosterous

nut posted:

having them yanked out by someone who gets TOO CLOSE on public transit :argh:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

biosterous posted:

having them yanked out by someone who gets TOO CLOSE on public transit :argh:

Worse, it's only one and it's partially out so to the outside observer you're just some weird twitchy person who can't stop playing with their ear for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

today on the way to a post office a man walking the other way in a shirt that said "facebook" on it did the best favourite thing. he raised his hand slightly and nodded. i was so happy that after i returned the nod i said hello in a cheery voice and strolled on my way.