Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm truly sorry there is no goku option but I want this to be scientific
I would like to be able to fly
I would like a billion dollars
View Results

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

If I could fly, I could make far more than a billion dollars making other people believe that I could teach them to fly too. :911:

edit: I wouldn't want the ability to fly unless I could do it without anyone else possibly knowing. Once discovered, I would lose my identity and become known as either the person that let others fly, or the rear end in a top hat that let them down. I don't think I could survive knowing that I had a bunch of Make a Wish foundation requests that I couldn't possibly fulfill in time.

Make a wish foundation? Really? Your imagination of what being useful to society constitutes is limited to fulfilling the wishes of privileged kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

What is this garbage. The real problem with immortality is being stuck on the husk of earth after the sun has gone supernova.

imo that falls under "when the world ends"

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I'd win so many Olympic things like pole valt and become a basketball star and make a billion in addition to being able to fly

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I'd be the most fly for a white guy

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PinheadSlim posted:

imo that falls under "when the world ends"

I'll accept that. But it's the only real issue, worrying about people scolding you for not dying at the right time is silly.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

And if not I would almost certainly become a medical test for cia/nsa whatever.

I think it's this, you'd be strapped to a table in some secret lab inside a day.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

I'll accept that. But it's the only real issue, worrying about people scolding you for not dying at the right time is silly.

Scolding? Wut? I'mguessing you either mean the lack of personal relationships or the governments trying to catch you, but neither are about people getting mad at you.

You won't keep personal relationships because everyone you care about will either rot away in what is essentially a very short time for you or they'll increase your likelihood of being found out, which leads to the governments trying to catch you thing.

If you get caught you have no other super powers. You don't have super strength and no one even said you can't feel pain, so have fun loving up once, being caught, and dismantled piece by piece in a government lab while being conscious for the entire process.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

And it's not just governments, imagine if some really unsavory dudes found out and captured you, and tried to force you to do something awful with your power of invulnerability. If you say no then they over power you, tie you up, throw you in a hole, and pour concrete over it.

Have fun for however long that poo poo will take to fall apart, being awake the whole time.

naem
May 29, 2011

I’d like to stipulate that the immortality comes as a form of super-luck; so in addition to not aging or becoming ill you also avoid stepping in front of a bus or like, the guys coming to kidnap you away to a supervillain lab crash their helicopter and die/forget all about you. When you’re on the titanic you trip and stumble Mr. Bean style implausibly into a rowboat and float effortlessly away to be picked up by a cruise ship full of bikini ladies.

Also the heat death if the universe turns out to be like, awesome and super fun and you just start all over in a newly formed galaxy with all your memories only you’re purple now

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I would take the money and invest it wisely to become even richer and use every loophole in the books to avoid paying too much in taxes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PinheadSlim posted:

And it's not just governments, imagine if some really unsavory dudes found out and captured you, and tried to force you to do something awful with your power of invulnerability. If you say no then they over power you, tie you up, throw you in a hole, and pour concrete over it.

Have fun for however long that poo poo will take to fall apart, being awake the whole time.

pffft just meditate and create a new universe within your own mind.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
With the power of flight, you could be a kickass magician or a really convincing cult leader, so, really, you'd make more than a billion quick enough.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
anyone who just thinks about the ways they can use flight to make money doesn't deserve the flight imo

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Walrus posted:

anyone who just thinks about the ways they can use flight to make money doesn't deserve the flight imo

No actually I think you're mistaken. I'm not saying get rich or anything, but you still need money. If your job isn't flying then you officially have to spend 8 hours a day not flying, which is a massive waste. I'd rather fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can part of the power be that my face won't flap around and look really stupid while I'm flying