Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
There are grown rear end men crying tears at this Xuxa concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jts2By7b-aM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I wish I knew what she was saying

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Sjs00 posted:

I wish I knew what she was saying

I got you, buddy. She's basically saying
Tudo pode ser, se quiser será
O sonho sempre vem pra quem sonhar
Tudo pode ser, só basta acreditar
Tudo que tiver que ser, será
Tudo que eu fizer
Eu vou tentar melhor do que já fiz
Esteja o meu destino onde estiver
Eu vou buscar a sorte e ser feliz
Tudo que eu quiser
O cara lá de cima vai me dar
Me dar toda coragem que puder
Que não me falte forças pra lutar
Vamos com você
Nós somos invencíveis, pode crer
Todos somos um
E juntos não existe mal nenhum
Vamos com você
O sonho está no ar
O amor me faz cantar
Lua de cristal
Que me faz sonhar
Faz de mim estrela
Que eu já sei brilhar
Lua de cristal
Nova de paixão
Faz da minha vida
Cheia de emoção
Lua de cristal
Que me faz sonhar
Faz de mim estrela
Que eu já sei brilhar
Lua de cristal
Nova de paixão
Faz da minha vida
Cheia de emoção
Tudo que eu fizer
Eu vou tentar melhor do que já fiz
Esteja o meu destino onde estiver
Eu vou buscar a sorte e ser feliz
Tudo que eu quiser
O cara lá de cima vai me dar
Me dar toda coragem que puder
Que não me falte forças pra lutar
Vamos com você
Todos somos um
E juntos não existe mal nenhum
Vamos com você
O sonho está no ar
O amor me faz cantar
Lua de cristal
Que me faz sonhar
Faz de mim estrela
Que eu já sei brilhar
Lua de cristal
Nova de paixão
Faz da minha vida
Cheia de emoção
Lua de cristal
Que me faz sonhar
Faz de mim estrela
Que eu já sei brilhar
Lua de cristal
Nova de paixão
Faz da minha vida
Cheia de emoção
Lua de cristal
Que me faz sonhar
Faz de mim estrela
Que eu já sei brilhar
Lua de cristal
Nova de paixão

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You motherfuckers are on PAGE 3 and no one's mentioned the absolute insanity that was the XUXIANDALIA?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iogJU9MYQQo

These drat jelly slippers were THE poo poo if you were a grade-school latinx girl.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Magius1337est posted:

there's such thing as fine featured mesoamericans, wait till you've seen a peruvian ginger
lmao that is so not what he's saying but as has been said, this isn't the thread for that.

Gonna have to ask my BR friends what they think of her. They skew younger and I wonder what her reputation is now.

FilthyImp posted:

You motherfuckers are on PAGE 3 and no one's mentioned the absolute insanity that was the XUXIANDALIA?!

These drat jelly slippers were THE poo poo if you were a grade-school latinx girl.
Oh poo poo I remember girls having those. My brothers wanted them... my brothers both turned out to be gay.

I was all about the LA Lights Sneakers atm.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mind the walrus posted:

I was all about the LA Lights Sneakers atm.
:hmmyes:

BK Knights or the Reebok pump shoes were also acceptable

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Portuguese does sound like russian.

Finally someone who gets it. Thank you. Whenever someone tries to speak our language I just tell them to imitate Russian instead of whatever it is they're doing.

Edit: OP it's not Zhoo Sha it's Shoo Sha.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 15, 2020

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Negostrike posted:

For a long time there was this dumb as poo poo rumor about her being a satanist.

Speaking of her being a satanist let's not forget this absolutely bizarre and relatively recent ad for Stranger Things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t-AIbErqts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FilthyImp posted:

:hmmyes:

BK Knights or the Reebok pump shoes were also acceptable

What were the shoes that clicked when you worked the whatever replacement for laces were called

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

awesome, i am going to find a pair of these somehow. for some reason i'm guessing their qualities beyond being radical were pretty poo poo so survivors are unlikely but who knows.

if there is any question of how xuxa got phenomenally wealthy this is a pretty good indicator.

Elentor posted:

Finally someone who gets it. Thank you. Whenever someone tries to speak our language I just tell them to imitate Russian instead of whatever it is they're doing.

Edit: OP it's not Zhoo Sha it's Shoo Sha.

I will edit, pretty sure that is from my exposure to Chinese language, i tried pronouncing it tshuu-tsha and couldn't figure it out.

XUXA is some pretty strong loving branding though, it lasted in my visual memory for 30 years. I remembered the spelling. The muffled UHF analog signal of anyone saying her name did too so I'd never really heard it proper til recently. I'm kind of amazed there are so many recordings out there. There are a lot of US kids things that are pretty much lost to sands of time etc

Xuxa youtube is an absolute rabbit hole - tons of US guests with no portuguese, maybe some spanish, its all very trainwrecky but in the best way. This mostly refers to the "Xuxa Beats" show, the kids show is just a gem.

Ferreal, who wouldn't be entertained by "Short Dick Man" by Gillette being performed in front of a cringing presenter and an oblivious audience. Speaking of Gillette (and 20 fingers) the released this song around the same time and it was a roller skating jam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvnRBcDn79Q

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

awesome, i am going to find a pair of these somehow. for some reason i'm guessing their qualities beyond being radical were pretty poo poo so survivors are unlikely but who knows.
Oh man, I don't even want to hazard a guess at what glitter-filled jelly sandals from 199x would look like today. :barf:

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Posted in the OP, hopefully I don't get dinged for it. Either way it seems like they are the type of charities that actually help so :shrug: why not.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Oh man, I don't even want to hazard a guess at what glitter-filled jelly sandals from 199x would look like today. :barf:

I was curious too and these look about what I would think but they aren't even 100% jellified:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

If you're fine with a modern day brand with similar flair, there's a Brazilian brand named Melissa that makes all kinds of jelly shoes, some of which are pretty wild.

Xuxa shoes:

One style of Melissas that match the aesthetic.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 16, 2020

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

One style of Melissas that match the aesthetic.

brazil keeps proving it is cooler than US in fashion and dance music, also....

anyone remember the Metis thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also we have the best hair products and I kinda pity everyone else, forever locked away from our oils and masks.