Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I personally find it offensive that Seattle's Pike Place Market still has their ~dozen or so police statues up, especially consider the situation with the police there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
And where do y'all stand on this one:

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1275106946916499456

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Delta-Wye posted:

I personally find it offensive that Seattle's Pike Place Market still has their ~dozen or so police statues up, especially consider the situation with the police there.

But they donate all the Money to the market foundation!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Why is he singling out Denmark? We hardly even have statues of Jesus!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't necessarily agree with his reasoning but from a general position of iconoclasm, sure, why not.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

OwlFancier posted:

I don't necessarily agree with his reasoning but from a general position of iconoclasm, sure, why not.
Welcome to the islamist party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't personally say there's any particular person I would like statues of, it's just kind of a weird way to look at the world honestly. And I'd certainly say it's not worth the effort. But I don't disagree with the particular suggestion, though I doubt he'd subscribe to the general idea and I don't share his partiuclar reasoning.

Also I'm sure there's some puritans somewhere who would take idolatry seriously.