Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Time to plan Christmas.

What’s a good Christmas meat that will portion well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Sous vide porchetta? Be super easy to portion out since you're just cutting slices. I did a turkey(?) one a few years back before I gave up meat that turned out great.

e: Or a roulade, don't remember which I made. Just as easy to portion though.

FireTora fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 28, 2020

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Beef tenderloin, sauerbraten, ham, pork loin, any roast type thing and is consistent quality/texture throughout and preferably boneless for ease of portioning. Also you could consider Cornish game hens, squab, or halves of chicken (you’d want pretty small chickens for that though).

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Individual lamb kleftiko parcels

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Just throwing this out there

Turducken, but instead of stuffing layers, the meat is cut into 2oz chunks, meatglued in 6oz stacks, and with skins meatglued to the outside, then fried

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Christmas trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h781beyWXb8

Just realized I have a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think meatglue only works if the meat is uncooked first. Turkey, duck and chicken probably have three different ideal cooking temps. Is it possible to cook them all together at one temp where they can all be decent, or will one meat always be dry if I do that?

(keep in mind that these are in to-go steam pans for friends and have a high chance of getting overcooked when they reheat them)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If you get Activa RM specifically, that should work on cooked meat, and best if the surface isn't seared/maillarded iirc.

That said, I don't think it's going to be any good getting soggy and then overcooked in a to-go steam pan. Do something simpler and save this for when you're irl imo.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hey fuckos, I’m cooking for a Zoom Christmas for 27 people

Mini meat glue Turduckens
Smoked ham
Gouda modernist macaroni
Mexican street corn flavored corn
Roasted Brussels sprouts
Vegetarian stuffing waffles
Glazed ginger carrot
Comté Hasselback potato gratin
Ciabatta rolls

Look at me.

LOOK AT ME.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
That is beautiful

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Mini turduckens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I cooked a recipe found online it was from buzzfeed I think I found the link on Facebook but I don't remember it was more of a Thanksgiving dinner than a Christmas dinner but it was really good you out turkey and brussle sprot and bread and onion and celery and then mashed potatoes on the top with those french crunchy onion dealies it was very good but way too much for two people so we are having it again tonight for leftovers because we need to get rid of all of our leftovers from over the last few days before we cool anything else we also have a lot of Christmas Eve ham left over that I have been eating with my waffles that I make with my new waffle maker for breakfast