Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not familiar with this older tech. Found while cleaning out my father's estate. Somebody tell me what this is, and if there is a company I can mail it to who can recover any data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'm pretty sure it's Super 8mm film. Each one would be around 3 minutes. I'd guess they're home movies. Super 8 film was invented in 1965 so they can't be older than that. I'm sure you can get it transferred at a lot of places online.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That's it thanks

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They're pogs.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If you want to find out what is actually ON those discs, try asking your mom, or anyone else that knew your father pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrik
Apr 18, 2006

I never forget a pushy
I second asking your mom first in case it’s footage of you mom taken by your dad.