Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Downtown Cinema

* * * * * 2 months ago

While I'm glad small local movie theaters still exist, this place isn't worth the extra hassle. I took my daughter to a matinée of Frozen 2 and yes, tickets and a large popcorn was only $10 but halfway through the movie she disappeared. Staff were very unhelpful and I had to descend into the bowels of the Earth and do battle with the vengeful spirit of a sacrificed child to get her back, all while being stalked by a personification of sexual violence. In addition, the teenagers behind the concessions counter were having a loud argument about circumcision metaphors, very inappropriate for a place with children! Ample street parking, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Silent Hill Lake

**/*****

My wife and I had rented a cabin for a week here on the lake. Everything was going very well, we had a nice fire and laid beside it for hours. Well I got up on the third way we were here before the sun had rose and went outside to have a smoke, and I decided to look out over the lake. What do I see rising out of the lake but a giant hermit crab with the rotting face of my mother where its body belonged. Needless to say we will not be returning and requested a refund on our remaining 4 days. Refund was denied.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

WHO keeps removing theHOLES!! me and my husband Rich who I have been married to for 40 years!!! And our two children who are now grown blese their souls (and they are one dead now so don't go about acting like I dont know what's missing or not if you are reading this and are from Rich's family GET OUT and STOP sending us letters with his name on it he died BEDRIDDEN) but the holes are gone!@! Our FAVORITE hole was in the SILENT HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY but it's gone now!!! There was a hole here but it's gone mow!!! Nonssmse and iduot!!! People in the motel are making sex noises ALL NIGHT and we tried to sleep but can't I dont care if that hussys legs look slick Rich is an old pervert and gets on my nerves at the best of times!! Sometimes I wish he'd just smother me while I sleep and GET IT OVER WITH!!!
What's happened to this place???

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jim's Diner

1/2 star

Where to begin? Jim's Diner is supposedly a "must-see" place in Silent Hill, which I suppose is true. However, I cannot recommend this place after the terrible incident I had.

First of all, I had to wait nearly 10 minutes to get in as the waitstaff said there was a "fog issue" that needed to be cleared out. Eventually the fog left and they led me to my seat. The restaurant smelled like my mother's gravesite - strike one.

They brought me a menu and it included the usual fare, including something listed simply as "The Special - Ask for it!". Seeking a culinary adventure, I did. 15 minutes later the waitress rudely dropped a bowl of tomato soup in front of me. When I asked if this was the special, she simply said "Nobody's special, don't you remember your first grade teacher telling you that?" Strike two!

The soup was fine but nothing special, but I decided to order a dessert as my sweet tooth was calling to me. I heard the chef in the back reciting a poem that I hadn't heard since I was a little girl, one that left me feeling melancholy and wistful. Accordingly, I asked for a slice of apple pie. The waitress informed me that all the apples had gone bad that year, but that I was free to order either a cherry or mincemeat pie. I went for cherry. As I started eating it another diner loudly remarked "Could you imagine eating a cherry pie? It looks too much like afterbirth to me. But I suppose some people aren't bothered by things like that!" Strike three!

I left the restaurant angrily and practically ran to my car before I realized I had left my keys at the table. When I went back in the restaurant it was rusted and full of black mold, and I heard something sloughing around in the back and moaning. GROSS! I will not be back.

The half star is for the tomato soup, which was fine.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rosewater Park

Stopped here for lunch while on my way to my family's vacation cabin upstate. Somewhat nice picnic area with a good view of the lake. While I was eating some sketchy-looking guy was messing around with the statues, though. Also the town was having an unscheduled tornado drill or something because they kept setting off a loud siren. Really ruined the ambiance, as did the accusing stares of my nephew's two pet rabbits I was supposed to watch for the weekend years ago but left in the car on a summer day and later told him a fox got.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Smog issues. Not very silent. False advertising if I ever seen it!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Alchemilla General Hospital

One and a half star

I cut myself on some rusty scaffolding walking down the street and couldn't remember when my last tetanus shot was, so I figured better safe than sorry. This hospital is weird, no one talks to you, and the nurses just grunt as they walk past. Also something's up with the dress code, every nurse is, AHEM, rather busty and the uniforms bring undue attention to their cleavage. Also, I've been waiting here for hours and I'm still not sure when I'm finally going to see someone.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Silent Hill Historical Society

1.5 stars

Great value for your dollar, but it takes too much goddamn time.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Midwich Elementary School */*****

Would NOT recommend. Chosen bc visit indicatd Christian faith BUT dd came home smelling of corpses, unable to sleep and chants CONSTANTLY. Must have picked it up here bc I did NOT teach them this. Demanded to speak to principal but was brushed off and told to take it up with the county. Got bad vibes from janitor.

Only plus side is the music program led by notable band Sonic Youth seems very good.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mid-town Playground

0 STARS!!!!!

Took my kids down here on Friday. Swings were always swinging, despite no kids. Flimsy craftmanship?

My daughter went on the slide and never came down, turns out she never existed and I'm actually dying in an insane asylum.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Silent Hill Hospital

After cutting myself on some barbed wire that was carelessly left on the sidewalk, I needed to go get my tetanus shot as it had been quite a while. The hospital, while conveniently located, was clearly struggling as the state of repair and cleanliness really left much to be desired. Staff was singularly unhelpful, as I wasn't so much directed to the exam room so much as chased there by a rude admin. The nurse who saw me didn't explain what she was doing, and I really don't think tetanus requires 3 syringes stored inside the nurses neck to administer.

But the real reason I'm leaving this review is that no one bothered to check my insurance information and now I'm out over $250 for this visit. Incredibly unprofessional and I've already filed a complaint with the state medical board about my subpar experience.

1/5 stars

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Alchemilla General Hospital

One and a half star

I cut myself on some rusty scaffolding walking down the street and couldn't remember when my last tetanus shot was, so I figured better safe than sorry. This hospital is weird, no one talks to you, and the nurses just grunt as they walk past. Also something's up with the dress code, every nurse is, AHEM, rather busty and the uniforms bring undue attention to their cleavage. Also, I've been waiting here for hours and I'm still not sure when I'm finally going to see someone.

You son of a bitch

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ȯ̵̝͎̣̈ͅů̵̘̺̄͊̆ŗ̵̯̦͇͂̈̀͝ ̵̧͂̾̇͗̿͘s̸̨̘͚͙̣̱̤̀͑̽͘͝p̶̛͍̣̲͑̄͗̈́͐̄ę̴͎͉͓̝̹̖́̊̕c̵̮͙̖̹͓̒͗̉͊̑î̵̯͖̽͜ą̶̱͉͕͈̮̞́͆͒ĺ̶̢͕̜̭̼̄̌̈́̕ ̶̫̑̿p̶̥͆́l̴̥̝̦̖̥̰͂͊̅̕ͅä̵̰̗̠́̍̃̓̊͂͝c̸̫̝̲̏̄̉̆̀e̵̛͔̺̖̫͊̄

***** ??? ago

Do you remember this place, Michael? Where we first met? Where we last saw each other? I'm waiting here for you, Michael. I know what you did. Ample parking.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Moon Slayer posted:

Ample parking.

Also, ampoule parking. :smug:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Our stay at the Silent Inn was amazing! The in-house restaurant had an incredibly charming little brunch set out every day, the swimming was top notch, and even the beds were soft and well kept. It's just the nights filled with dreams of inchoate yearnings for blood and fresh flesh that keeps us from a 5/5 - would stay again!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
5/5 Stars

saw some random skinny dude with a trashcan(??) on his head?? idk it was cool. I wish him the best.

Food was alright

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Lakeside Amusement Park

This place hates children! Took the little ones here and my oldest begged to go into the Borley Haunted Mansion but they wouldn't let him in without a guardian because he's 7. And then they said my mobility scooter wouldn't fit! I'm sorry, but has this place heard of the ADA??? My son was crying just as hard as the person running from the exit screaming about red mist. AND THEN my daughter wanted a picture with Robbie the Rabbit but whoever was wearing the costume was just slouching on a bench moaning! The park is dirty and the layout is confusing too and we never found the Pirates in Storm ride. 1 star instead of zero because despite being filthy the ice cream at the Magic Ice Cream House was pretty good.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
**/*****

I had recently just divorced my bitch of an ex-wife in an arduous legal battle and was ready for some R&R, so I took my daughter for a small cross country trip. Passed through this town with HORRIBLE smog problems. Thought I was about to hit a young girl in a white dress crossing the street but turns out that was just my imagination??? Anyway, my daughter ran off and I went through this entire town looking for her! Terrible, nobody helped me look for my MISSING DAUGHTER! Smog was ever present, you can't see poo poo in this place. Someone needs to call the EPA, this town is clearly way over any regulations. What are the factories here producing to make this much air pollution?

Anyway, it turns out I was dead all along and this whole trip was my daughter trying to cope with my death and the previously mentioned divorce shortly before. 2/5 stars, would not recommend visiting. They have a nice strip club though

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
5/5

Gorgeous women all around. Some are all legs.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What is in that locker?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Chick Fillet *****/*****

After an unpleasant experience at the local Twin Peaks, we stopped by this highly recommended chained restaurant. As a consummate breast man, I appreciate the ample cuts on display of all different shapes and sizes; however, they're not replacing them every 24-hrs as per county health codes and attempting to cut corners and the smell was unpleasant with a vague sense of putrefying fish. I was also not impressed by the talking heads that run this place; a little too dead fish for my taste. However, they did provide a parting gift basket with lotion in it, so I can't complain.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Mid-town Playground

0 STARS!!!!!

Took my kids down here on Friday. Swings were always swinging, despite no kids. Flimsy craftmanship?

My daughter went on the slide and never came down, turns out she never existed and I'm actually dying in an insane asylum.

Lmao

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Green Lion Antiques

**/**/****

Silent Hill is such a wonderfully atmospheric town in the rain and there's no cozier destination than Green Lion Antiques to browse away those cloudy doldrum days. The owner, a delightful older . . . offered me a curious little pyramid-shaped trinket I was told is called a "flauros" to peruse and I stood transfixed by the intricate symbols, running my fingers over its carved surfaces as the sound of rain pattered against the roof.

A sudden flash of lightning and peal of thunder later and wouldn't you know it, but the power went out! Snapping out of my Sunday reveries, I looked up to find that the owner was nowhere to be seen. My pocket-mounted flashlight clicked on and provided a dim illumination of the delightfully musty-smelling shelves.

I called out but received no answer, so I put the "flauros" back on the nearest counter and began to make my way back through the mazelike network of isles when I heard the strangest sound. It tugged at my memory desperately! The sound grew louder and louder as I got nearer to the exit and my flashlight fell upon a burlap sack, stained with dirt and . . . just like the one I had to put . . . in after my father had . . . as a child.

The lights came on with a mechanical clang and I was standing right where I was when the owner handed me the "flauros." I was so lost in my daydreams I completely spaced out!

4/5 stars, word to the wise if the owner tries to sell you a "flauros:" there's a woman in town who hands them out at a local church FOR FREE!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 23, 2020

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Lakeview Hotel

** out of *****

Beautiful location, they said it’s right near a special place for some Native American tribe, and I can see why! Rooms were spacious, but many fixtures were very dated. The bathrooms... less said the better! Old TV, only a VHS player, I had nowhere to put my Roku or even plug in my Switch, I don’t even think they sell coaxial cables anymore. And NO wifi?? Srsly?? And the stains...

I tried watching the local channels but it had some static issues. I went to find Maintenance or at least a Maintenance closet, which surprise, they don’t have. Instead I found an “Observation Room”, which had no repair equipment, no plumbing equipment, no extra supplies, and there was even a dog sleeping in there. Ew!

Near the end of the stay the elevators stopped working, and we had to use the stairs, which were on fire. It was like, ‘what else can go wrong’, but the staff were very pleasant about it and they comped us a night (and didn’t charge me for the Snickers from the minibar ftw!)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Central Square Shopping Mall

* out of *****

VERY confusing layout in this place: I took a wrong turn and ended up in the back corridors, where every single door seemed to be locked and there was a very unpleasantly aggressive guard-dog running around loose. I FINALLY found my way back into the main mall only to discover that I'd been abandoned! The place was locked up and deserted and in a frankly filthy condition - at what time does the place get cleaned?? The whole experience was literally a nightmare made real. Do not recommend.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The Lock and Key Antique Store

***/*****

What is history? What is reality? When the wounds of the past heal, what scars do they leave behind? These questions and more will confound you as you enter the Lock and Key Antique Store.

Let me preface this by saying that I have been a bit of an "antique fiend" for a few years. I looooove the look of old wood. I recently put a beautiful "Live, Laugh, Love" sign up in the bedroom created from old pallets! I know, I'm quirky!

That said, I believe this Antique Store may be a bit "advanced" for me. The first object that drew my attention was a VCR along with a stack of VHS tapes labelled "Birthday at the Beach", "Mother's Day", "Session #232", and "Never Again". I started playing the tapes and was confronted with footage of my own childhood, including a psychiatrist session I don't remember attending in which I'm asked why I ran away from home. What a weird trick! I don't know how they did it, but it got my attention.

The owner appeared shortly after that, a man in a dark suit with sunken eyes who referred to me by my first name, despite the fact that I don't remember giving it to him. Whatever, I'm up for some wackiness!

He then offered to reveal some "treasures from the past" in exchange for a key hidden in the bathroom. At this point I realized this was kind of like an escape room - very cool! I checked the bathroom and this is where things went badly. The key was floating in grimy toilet water, and I felt compelled to keep digging my hand deeper and deeper into the bowl, thinking I might find something else.

I took the key back into the main store, but the owner was now missing. It was also night outside, despite me entering the store at 2:30 pm. Weird!

The door was locked so I had to search for another exit. Thankfully I found one, and oddly enough the toilet key worked for it! When I opened the door, though, I found myself in my childhood back yard, but with some sort of a sepia filter applied. It was very strange, I don't quite understand how he did this part. Anyway, I heard my parents yelling and then saw a younger version of myself running away.

At this point I got a really bad headache and woke up in the backseat of my car.

Not my worst antique experience but not the best either. I no longer have the toilet key, either, despite being sure I put it in my pocket.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Heaven's Night

**/*****

I got a flyer in the mail telling me I had to check this place out, and it also had a coupon for two-for-one drink specials.

Place seemed pretty dark and dingy, but I've been to worse establishments. Only ONE stripper working the whole night, she didn't even take her clothes off, and for some reason looked EXACTLY like a tarted-up version of my dead wife? She also followed me around town when I tried to leave. VERY unprofessional.

The worst of it all? They didn't honor the two-for-one drink special. I pulled out the flyer to show them I had the coupon, but it was just a blank piece of paper?!

The one drink I did get was watered down. I'm never coming back here.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Silent Hill Hardware

***** 2 months ago

very unprofesional staff. girl behind register chained to cealing and wearing same dress my daughter wore to purity ball last year did not smile when the machine didn't find the bar code and i asked if that ment it was free. she didnt appear to have a mouth but still could have made the effort. 2 stars because nobody hassled me about not wearing a mask, as is my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT as an AMERICAN. ample parking.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Pete's Bowl-O-Rama

*/*****

The beer was flat and the pizza left in my lane had several slices eaten by someone else which was v rude. I played two full games with my little brother which was only weird because he tragically died when I was younger in a boating accident I guess I forgot? About?

Cheating little poo poo kept fudging the scorecard cause APPARENTLY Pete's hasn't learned that we live in AMERICA in the 21ST CENTURY and computers are a thing!

When I went to the manager's office to complain all I found was a mummified corpse bound to the desk by barbed wire. Oh well! Can't pay if there's no one to take your money!

I'm NEVER coming back here, and not just cause all the roads collapsed after I drove home.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
UFO
*****/*****

Here I was trying to have an unique paranormal experience in the infamous city of Silent Hill and I got abducted by aliens straight out of poorly written science fiction novel! I have to tell you I was sorely disappointed, and that soreness wasn't even felt by my anus! I came here for a personal journey of self exploration, and all I got were a couple of greys mocking the pain of my past.

After all the laughs were had, and some comforting by a special dog, all of my suffering was put into perspective. I needed to let go of my burdens, and decided to accept life as it comes at me. They invited me to join them, and bring their message to future travelers. I've accepted their invitation and hope to see you soon!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

******/********* small rear end NOT daughter chased by loving NOT father on UFO then hosed NOT wife. (PHPOV.com rip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Garland's Pet Store
***/*****

Nice local place, although it's a little run-down, and the neighborhood is a total dump -- always weird kids hanging around the store, although I guess it's the most kid-friendly place around here. (Seriously, who puts a pet store, sporting goods store, and dive bar right next to each other?) The dogs and cats here seem to be in good spirits, despite all the blood. I tried asking the owner if he was affiliated with local rescues, but he didn't say anything. Not a big talker, I guess? Also, is it sanitary not to wear a shirt under your overalls when you're working with animals?

Anyway, I haven't shopped here much since they started carrying Beef Chips as their only cat-food brand. My babies need their Minmo!