Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you going back to the theater when it reopens?
Definitely yes.
Probably yes.
Probably not.
Definitely not.
View Results

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

ConfusedUs posted:

There’s no way I’m going back to a theater until the pandemic is under control to the point that it takes little to no special effort to maintain that control.

I have zero faith in the average person to exercise proper caution and prevention measures.

I have no faith that major movie chains will do that either.

I see that as being AT LEAST nine months to a year out.

I’m considering taking my yearly movie budget and investing it into a home theater instead.

Don't think like that, a vaccine / treatment will be out before the end of the year!

...For roughly $2,600 USD per dose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

MasqueradeOverture posted:

Don't think like that, a vaccine / treatment will be out before the end of the year!

...For roughly $2,600 USD per dose.

Okay but this is America so the anti-vax people will probably ensure that we don't have proper herd immunity :911:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There’s no way a vaccine passes the stringent requirements for vaccines by end of year in the US.

Could one get rammed through due to internal and external political pressure? Sure. And I sure as hell wouldn’t take it.

Ergo: what’s the new hotness in home theater setups? :)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ConfusedUs posted:

There’s no way a vaccine passes the stringent requirements for vaccines by end of year in the US.

Could one get rammed through due to internal and external political pressure? Sure. And I sure as hell wouldn’t take it.

Ergo: what’s the new hotness in home theater setups? :)

Yeah, I'm definitely not trusting a COVID vaccine that's available before like 2022. So yeah, gently caress no I'm not going to a theater any time soon.