Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
As everybody probably knows by know, Lowtax has been quite credibly accused of physical abuse by an admin who was abruptly de-admined by him late last night (she's currently safe and far away from him). This fits in with a pattern of behavior for him that unfortunately went overlooked or handwaved for a long time and for obvious reasons things just chugging along as normal is not looking like an ethical or reasonable option. This should go without saying but domestic abuse is unacceptable and I, along with most of the other mods, believe her claims entirely.

These forums have a ton of history and a lot worth preserving, and for many reasons our maintaining of this kind of thread-structure is fairly unique in 2020. We want to do whatever we can to hold onto as much of that structure and history as possible while separating ourselves from an abusive absentee landlord. What that's going to look like is up in the air.

In the meantime, people are recommended to figure out a temporary place to land in a worst case scenario. Many subforums already have pre-existing discords or slacks, and many others are setting up fresh ones. You can find a BSS discord I set up in a hurry last night here. Posting with everybody here has been a consistent and really pleasant part of my life for over a decade and as one of your mods I actually kind of feel proud about having had the chance to foster a lot of what I liked about this place and tamp down on some of the elements I didn't like. Whatever happens next I've been really happy to have posted about dumbshit comics with everybody and I hope to post again with many of you in whatever form that ends up looking like. For the immediate moment the best thing is probably to just stick around, keep an eye on things as they develop, keep in contact with people via DM and such, and I guess personally I'd suggest not buying any news avs or platinum or whatever.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sorry to intrude like this, but I don't have PMs: the Discord invitation says it's not valid or has expired :(.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Jiru posted:

Sorry to intrude like this, but I don't have PMs: the Discord invitation says it's not valid or has expired :(.

https://discord.gg/qPvBT6 there is an invite! It'll last for a day so hop in :3

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Quick someone save the translated Fingerpori's!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Good Listener posted:

https://discord.gg/qPvBT6 there is an invite! It'll last for a day so hop in :3

In I am! Thank you all a lot :)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I'm terminally dumb and didn't realize I could generate a discord invite link that doesn't expire. So: ta-da!

If you haven't read Reene's most recent update, please take a look at it here. Aside from the very good news that Logan Day is safe and making good arrangements, I want to underline the information that there are lots and lots of wheels in motion to make sure that goons who are attached to the style and the history of these forums will have a place to post and hang-out that by hook or by crook does not involve Lowtax. Our biggest commitments right now are to try to keep our communities together, to find a way to move on without the miasma of an abuser hanging overhead, and to make sure that the people harmed by him are safe and accounted for.

So please bear with us as we figure things out. I get that Discord isn't for everyone but we want to make this transition as smooth as possible for everyone while, as far as possible, preventing the slow drift of large chunks of the userbase, so even if you'd prefer to check out a more long-term offsite community (and people seem quite happy with a number of them!) we'd like to be able to keep in touch with as many of you as possible for when we begin to pull all the pieces back together.

Gaebril
Dec 18, 2016

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm terminally dumb and didn't realize I could generate a discord invite link that doesn't expire. So: ta-da!

Likely I'm just confused, but was there supposed to be a link here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm terminally dumb

Try this.