Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

otter posted:

He may be a dill :rimshot: but he completely fixed my deviled eggs. I had been overly mayonnaisey and didn't have the right ratios.
His recipe actually kicked it up a notch and made it a staple of office potlucks. The one time I thought I'd "try something different" I was informed that this was a misstep.

hmm no curry powder in his recipe. fraud confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itty bitty baby boy
Mar 19, 2007

how do you do that thing with colored text in this box
Here is my Emeril take: his new restaurant in New Orleans, Meril, is super great and so he can't be that bad

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Emeril is cool, but the best Cajun chef will always be this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4umRMJlrs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Paul Prudhomme is also a classic chef that Im posting because I love K-pauls seasoning and he made blackening fish a thing americans were comfortable with.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XXU47q9js

Also shout out to Leah Chase who in addition to running a staggeringly good restaurant told Obama off for seasoning her food before eating it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKUumdYNecY

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That dude's voice drives me apeshit; my ADHD is far too severe to tolerate such repetitious intonation, I get aggravated about it even though I know I shouldn't.

i will now read all of your posts in chef john's voice and nothing can stop me

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
comedy idea: "memeril legasse" and instead of "bam" and "kick it up a notch" he's like "epic noms ftw"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i have a 12inch cast iron pan of this guys brand.

its the heaviest mofo pan i have and makes good steak

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
All I love of him is Spice Weasel from Futurama.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

garfield hentai posted:

comedy idea: "memeril legasse" and instead of "bam" and "kick it up a notch" he's like "epic noms ftw"

"Let's add a little spice, make this dish a banger"

"LIT!"

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I want to take this moment to talk about Julia Child

Julia Child was a lanky 6'2 woman with a shrill voice, a boxy head and a simple haircut.

YET, she was one of the best TV cooks ever. Why? Because she was authentic. She was completely knowledgeable in her field, a graduate of the cordon bleu in Paris. She never made compromises to please the public, even during the 80s when fat was absolutely the worst thing in the world, she would insist people still cook with eggs and butter. All in all, an absolutely wonderful intelligent person who was fantastic at what she did and was proud to show it off

For comparison, this is Rachel Ray.

Rachel Ray wears tons of makeup, her shows always go after whatever is hot at the moment. She cooks simple dishes to please her simple audience, which, if I am correct, is contractually obligated to applaud her at least ever 90 seconds. Her cooking shows take on a talk show roll, mostly her talking to guests while she makes her 30 minute simple dish of sauted chicken and green beans, and she always has to shill a product in each episode.

https://www.mashed.com/38124/things-didnt-know-rachael-ray/ posted:

Rachael Ray is not a chef. She has no formal culinary training, and she stresses this as not to take away from classically trained chefs. Have you ever seen her cut an onion? She cuts like it like you or I cut an onion. She cooks like you or I do; she eyeballs measurements, she cuts things smaller so they're easier to cook. None of that really matters to most of us — but it might to a professional chef. But her success doesn't have anything to do with whether she's a chef. It's her personality and the way she cooks like we do that makes her so likable.

Please people, be like Julia Child, not Rachael Ray.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the best part of Julia Child is when she puts things on the ground/sweeps things off tables to get them out of the way

feller
Jul 5, 2006

there's room for both Julia and Rachael imo.

I used to also hate CHEF JOHN's voice but one day it just didn't bother me anymore and idk why. I'm glad though; he rocks.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Korthal posted:

Please people, be like Julia Child, not Rachael Ray.
Julia owned but I'm never gonna graduate from Midwest Suburban Culinary School much less Le Cordon Bleu

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Didn't he rape a watermelon and dispose of said produce in the Yukon?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Doodles posted:

"Gonna add about 20 or 30 cloves of garlic!"

*crowd whoops and catcalls*

BADA BING!

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Korthal posted:

I want to take this moment to talk about Julia Child

Julia Child was a lanky 6'2 woman with a shrill voice, a boxy head and a simple haircut.

YET, she was one of the best TV cooks ever. Why? Because she was authentic. She was completely knowledgeable in her field, a graduate of the cordon bleu in Paris. She never made compromises to please the public, even during the 80s when fat was absolutely the worst thing in the world, she would insist people still cook with eggs and butter. All in all, an absolutely wonderful intelligent person who was fantastic at what she did and was proud to show it off

Julia Child worked for the OSS during World War Two, and used her cooking knowledge to help develop shark repellent.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Tim Whatley posted:

Although the one true cooking legend is the host of Iron Chef America who went on to star in John Wick 3 as a master assassin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPtMHSYtPc4

Oh poo poo that's the guy from Wing Commander 4

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lagasse convinced my one set of grandparents to try cajun seasoning and gumbo, and for that the man is a goddamn miracle worker.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Vegas baby nothing like it!

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
I lived in Emeril's city for a while, not a bad word about the guy unlike some of the other celebrities. Always nice to everyone, seemed like a class act.

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
If you want authentic New Orleans cookin' just get the green can of Tony's. It's a fact that every house in that city posesses at least one can of the poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Solomon Gumball posted:

If you want authentic New Orleans cookin' just get the green can of Tony's. It's a fact that every house in that city posesses at least one can of the poo poo.

I watched someone shake some into a glass of water then drink it once, and I thought, yeah, that makes sense

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I love Emeril. I used to watch his shows a lot as a kid. I don't think I learned a single thing though.

I was just thinking about him a few days ago for some reason, so good timing with this thread.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Emeril comes across as legit cool, guy fieti comes across as sad step-dad trying to be cool (also he's a creep, homophobe anti-semite)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had a family member be bitterly disappointed Emeril was not cooking for them when they went to Emeril's restaurant. Like, making a scene angry about how it takes some real balls to name a restaurant after yourself and not cook in there for every meal.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Barudak posted:

I had a family member be bitterly disappointed Emeril was not cooking for them when they went to Emeril's restaurant. Like, making a scene angry about how it takes some real balls to name a restaurant after yourself and not cook in there for every meal.

Lmao that's great.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Rachel Ray cooks just like you or I: how do I spend only 20 minutes to turn this handfull of veggies and meat into a dish that takes the pants off our dinner guests.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wasn't he a sex pest?

You're thinking of Mario Butt-touchy

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"You wanna see what's under my yeezy's?"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

guy fieti comes across as sad step-dad trying to be cool (also he's a creep, homophobe anti-semite)

citation needed here

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Laterite posted:

citation needed here

“You have to protect Guy from all of his poop jokes,” Triple D creator David Page told Minneapolis’ City Pages last week.

“Anytime any woman mentioned ‘cream,’ Guy went into a sexual riff. When cutting the show, you had to tell the editors to watch Guy’s eye line, because it’s always on breasts,” Page said before accusing Fieri of being uncomfortable around homosexuals.

Fieri also needed protection from homosexuals, or at least advance warning. Early in the show's run, Page got a phone call from Fieri, who'd just walked out of a restaurant in a huff.

"Guy had decided that the two men running the restaurant were life partners," Page remembers. "He said, 'You can't send me to talk to gay people without warning! Those people weird me out!'"

“They were demanding tremendous research from my people, and pictures, but they didn’t want to pay for them,” Page says. “Guy said to me: ‘You know, it’s true: Jews are cheap.’”

Kari Kloster, a former Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives field producer who now works as a a vice president at Page's production company, backs up her bosses claims, the Huffington Post reports.

She tells City Pages: 'From my memory of being a field producer it's just well-known to me among the crew that Guy has a problem - if there was a homosexual in a restaurant, as the main character, the shoot went different.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

“You have to protect Guy from all of his poop jokes,” Triple D creator David Page told Minneapolis’ City Pages last week.

“Anytime any woman mentioned ‘cream,’ Guy went into a sexual riff. When cutting the show, you had to tell the editors to watch Guy’s eye line, because it’s always on breasts,” Page said before accusing Fieri of being uncomfortable around homosexuals.

Fieri also needed protection from homosexuals, or at least advance warning. Early in the show's run, Page got a phone call from Fieri, who'd just walked out of a restaurant in a huff.

"Guy had decided that the two men running the restaurant were life partners," Page remembers. "He said, 'You can't send me to talk to gay people without warning! Those people weird me out!'"

“They were demanding tremendous research from my people, and pictures, but they didn’t want to pay for them,” Page says. “Guy said to me: ‘You know, it’s true: Jews are cheap.’”

Kari Kloster, a former Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives field producer who now works as a a vice president at Page's production company, backs up her bosses claims, the Huffington Post reports.

She tells City Pages: 'From my memory of being a field producer it's just well-known to me among the crew that Guy has a problem - if there was a homosexual in a restaurant, as the main character, the shoot went different.'

i dont believe him or anything that comes from huffpo which is no more than the national enquirer