Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Problem description: I transfer old photos off my iPhone via a cable because gently caress iCloud. I've always connected the phone to my computer, had the computer read the phone as a camera, gotten into the DCIM folder, and dragged and dropped everything to my hard drive. Now, when I try to copy over a folder, Windows will copy some files, but not all of them. It will stop somewhere between 30 - 100 files in. When I tried it on another (windows) computer, it would give an error that said, "The device is unreachable," but didn't give that on my computer.

Attempted fixes: Multiple cables, reconnecting and restarting both the phone and computer

Recent changes: No

--

Operating system: Windows 10, 64 bit

System specs: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15z-ab000 CTO with a AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and 16 gigs of ram. The phone is an iPhone 8 running iOS 13.3.1 (there's not space to upgrade yet, okay?). I've ordered an Authentic Apple Cable, TM, but I've never had this problem before using off brand cables.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Try importing them with Windows' Photos app instead of a manual copy?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

DOOMocrat posted:

Try importing them with Windows' Photos app instead of a manual copy?

Photos doesn't recognize the phone. I went into My Computer, right clicked on the phone, selected "Import photos," and got about 10% that way.