Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
If it gets renewed, Perry Mason should come back absolutely jacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Madurai posted:

He's indicated he's not open to continuing the role indefinitely.

Ahh, I missed that. In all these season finale PR interviews (a few more hit today) he seems to be very big on the idea of doing another season where the jumping off point is "Perry is now a pretty well-known defense attorney, but one who also just did a stint in prison." My read is that he doesn't want to series to lock in to the traditional, Raymond Burr version of the character, a guy who is just always pretty competent and rarely stymied by an unexpected development; he always wants the character to start on his back foot and work for the victory.

TheWevel posted:

Robert Downey Jr. should hook Matthew Rhys up with Marvel's personal trainers. Get him on a crazy workout plan, a hyper-personalized diet and a shitload of HGH.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I really liked how every episode had stuff moving along, and while the finale wasn't as climactic as some people may have wanted, I thought it was perfect. Some puzzle pieces still had to be presented and slid into place, but there wasn't a wild bit of nonsense invented just to make 99% of the audience wrong about where they thought things were going, like suddenly introducing someone who's been an extra in the background shots all along, except he's a big bad named Rollo Tomasi, a notorious gangster who is actually responsible for the whole thing.

Mainly, though, there wasn't much that had to happen in this episode. What needed to happen did, and it was the right amount of stuff. If anyone wonders what I mean by any of that, watch any season of Star Trek: Discovery, in particular, the most recent season. My loving God, so much happens for 8 episodes that the last couple or few (it's hard to keep count) have to handle about 8 episodes' worth of action, and it's paced about as well as you'd expect.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Oh, Della. Her and her kicky little hats. Adorabubble.

Also: oh, Della.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Strong season, great finale. I said it last week but I was genuinely surprised by how straightforward the reveal of everything was, right down to the crime itself (I thought maybe we'd see in the flashback that the younger Gallardo actually pulled the trigger and his brother was taking the fall for him, knowing he couldn't survive 30 years in San Quentin, but no.)

Yeah, I was expecting a little swerve in that flashback to show Raffa pulling the trigger and Mateo taking the fall so that he could go to art school.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I really enjoyed this season and how Mason does not turn a murder case into a giant reveal of political corruption. He sort of does but cannot tie it all into this case.

It also reminded me of the ending of ‘The Night Of’, the main character is not sent to prison but was also not exonerated.

TheWevel posted:

But with the same reception that Mac got in IASIP.

Mason: I got into incredible shape

Della: But why?

Mason : flexes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nuts and Gum posted:

But with the same reception that Mac got in IASIP.

Mason: I got into incredible shape

Della: But why?

Mason : flexes
The same way Fat Mason would work well too imo

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I really enjoyed that. In retrospect it seems obvious that Camilla was going to work out to be more than just a friendly mentor for Della but I feel like they had enough smoke out there (the gambling boats didn't actually end up being important, the baseball team didn't actually end up being important) that it wasn't screaming in your face.

I definitely hope we get at least one more season seeing Perry dealing with being out of jail (is he disbarred now?) but I this is definitely a show where I'd prefer them to stop while they're still telling stories this good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I finally caught up and I'm glad I did, it was good. I really liked how the twist was they were guilty all along (So as to speak), but they were still the victims of the system of power and corruption.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I love you too." Was insanely cute.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Cancelled, alas.

I suppose I'm not super surprised because it must be pretty expensive to make but I was really hoping for one more season.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

evenworse username posted:

Cancelled, alas.

I suppose I'm not super surprised because it must be pretty expensive to make but I was really hoping for one more season.

this loving sucks

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Boooo gently caress you HBO/Max/Whatever the gently caress you suck

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Aw, man.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Honestly, I'm surprised we got two seasons.

The show was too good for this world.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Goddamn it. This was my favorite show in years. At least we got two seasons, I suppose.

Perry's never getting out of jail now :negative:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
MAX sucks.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 7, 2023

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Another great season. The show is so good and looks incredible. Good period shows are so rare. I really hope this gets another season, but I’m not hopeful with no news yet, the double strikes, and HBO’s reputation taking a hit now that it’s mashed up with Discovery’s reality show garbage.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It was cancelled

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Oh goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dinosaurs! posted: