Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Trackmania club access is 20% off for 1 year, 25% off for 3 years.

Also other trackmania games are on sale:
- Trackmania 2 Canyon - 50% off
- Trackmania 2 Stadium - 50% off
- Trackmania 2 Valley - 50% off
- Trackmania 2 Lagoon - 50% off
- Trackmania Turbo - 50% off
- Shootmania Storm is 75% off

And if you use the code HELLO22 during checkout you get another 22% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

trackmania owns!!! trying to get author/top 100 in my state on all of fall 2021 before the records are sealed forever in like 2 weeks :D

i requested to join the club as rats.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

runod posted:

trackmania owns!!! trying to get author/top 100 in my state on all of fall 2021 before the records are sealed forever in like 2 weeks :D

i requested to join the club as rats.

I approved you. Sorry for taking so long, forgot to check the thread for a while.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
How the hell have I completely missed the existence of this thread until now? I thought the goons were just ignoring TM2020 entirely. :psyduck:

Sent a Goon Prix request as pjw_is_here or just pjw--not sure how it will show up.

I've been playing this game since the original, circa. 2003, and mainly spend my time making tracks (probably 4 or 5 hundred over the years).
My tracks so far for TM2020. The one I'm most proud of is the trial/RPG track...

I'd be interested in working on collaborative tracks, if anyone would be up for that?

We've also had
some great
collaborative
seasons
in the past

...where everyone worked together racing on tracks together and also working on a track and we had a lot of fun with it, but that takes a bit more organization and planning. The above are just some links I had handy.

I wouldn't be up for doing the whole thing myself, I don't think, mainly because those have resulted in not only the goontrack itself, but season/leaderboard organization and vids and running a server and other additional shenanigans, but if people are interested, it might be worth further discussion?

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 31, 2022

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Hey, welcome back!

Yes, it was great fun torturing everyone with my maps in the goon league back in the day. It would be fun to do it again but as for me, 1. I have not really gotten into TN (although I did get club access, I barely used it) and 2. I have much less time for gaming than back then...

But hopefully others are interested!

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

aas Bandit posted:

How the hell have I completely missed the existence of this thread until now? I thought the goons were just ignoring TM2020 entirely. :psyduck:

Sent a Goon Prix request as pjw_is_here or just pjw--not sure how it will show up.

I've been playing this game since the original, circa. 2003, and mainly spend my time making tracks (probably 4 or 5 hundred over the years).
My tracks so far for TM2020. The one I'm most proud of is the trial/RPG track...

I'd be interested in working on collaborative tracks, if anyone would be up for that?

We've also had
some great
collaborative
seasons
in the past

...where everyone worked together racing on tracks together and also working on a track and we had a lot of fun with it, but that takes a bit more organization and planning. The above are just some links I had handy.

I wouldn't be up for doing the whole thing myself, I don't think, mainly because those have resulted in not only the goontrack itself, but season/leaderboard organization and vids and running a server and other additional shenanigans, but if people are interested, it might be worth further discussion?

You are now in Goon Prix.

I've never made maps and anytime I tried my mind blanked on what to do and I got frustrated with the map creator. I'd love to compete in a goon tournament though.

Also downloaded all your maps and created a campaign+room in the club.

Abx0r fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 2, 2022

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Entropist posted:

Hey, welcome back!

Yes, it was great fun torturing everyone with my maps in the goon league back in the day. It would be fun to do it again but as for me, 1. I have not really gotten into TN (although I did get club access, I barely used it) and 2. I have much less time for gaming than back then...

But hopefully others are interested!

Yeah, I kind of figured that might be the case from reading your other posts in this thread. No worries. But if anything gets started your presence will be missed (and maybe you'll change your mind ;) ).

Abx0r posted:

You are now in Goon Prix.

I've never made maps and anytime I tried my mind blanked on what to do and I got frustrated with the map creator. I'd love to compete in a goon tournament though.

Also downloaded all your maps and created a campaign+room in the club.

Thanks for the hook-up! It's appreciated. :) I wasn't really expecting the campaign+room--that's cool. Hopefully that was pretty quick and easy--I've messed with the club stuff very little. Any feedback or replays from anyone is always appreciated.

The editor has a little bit of a steep learning curve when you're first starting out (at least if your first time was anything like mine). The best thing to do is just make it no-pressure. Figure out how to drop in a random chunk of road and how to hop in and drive on it, and then just add another chunk. It gets easier, and it's more fun at the beginning if you're just screwing around and not trying to even make something coherent.

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
This latest bunch of tracks is kicking my rear end

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
I'm enjoying them, nice to have a campaign with a bit more variety again, but yeah a few of those black maps have really spicy AT's

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
I love that I've had to use the brake button more than once or twice

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

i like this seasons tracks 😁

kinda tired of the a08 variations tho

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
New car!! The little pickup from the Snow environment. Very interested in seeing what the community comes up with. And we’ll be getting the other TM1 cars in the next year. cant wait!

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

802.11weed posted:

New car!! The little pickup from the Snow environment. Very interested in seeing what the community comes up with. And we’ll be getting the other TM1 cars in the next year. cant wait!

Yeah, this rules. TM2020 has some amazing polish and features, but I've really missed being able to choose vehicles with dramatically different handling and physics (and the fact that you now have a trigger to switch back and forth whenever you want between vehicles during a race is just magical. I've been playing this game series (and making tracks) for as long as it's been around, and this really feels like it's wide open from here. :)

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I'm happy that they finally decided to continue developing the game to perhaps in a few years contain a similar amount of content as 2007's TrackMania United. It was a bit silly that they left the game as a demo version with only one car for so long and you had to buy the old TMUF to get the full TM experience.

Time for me to start playing the new game too! I never really got into it because the StadiumCar is rather boring out of all the existing TM cars, but with the others it should be fun.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Trackmania sunrise was the best trackmania game. Such good environments

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

the plan seems to just be to add the 2 remaining cars from Trackmania Original, one per season, which is funny because tm didnt really have a good car/enviroment until sunrise imo. they already added the best car from TMO with the truck lol.

RATS! fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 2, 2023

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

Trackmania sunrise was the best trackmania game. Such good environments

Coast was a bit poo poo.

But that city environment and the island environment was such a loving blast.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Desert is the most pro e-sports environment with a great balance between keyboard and controller for top performance. Too bad they ruined it by pushing Stadium instead.

And Rally is the most skilled environment, the one with the largest gaps among top players (at least in time attack). So we have two good ones to look forward to!

Island is also cool because it is the most skilled in terms of consistency. It is very high risk/reward driving so you see a lot of crashes and time gaps even at the highest level in competitive matches.

Coast is a bit similar to Desert in that keyboard players can perform really well.

Only Bay is kind of dumb and does not add anything but well, many people seem to like it. It is kind of a cross between Stadium and Island. So we got some good content to look forward to! Certainly more interesting than this sluggish Stadium car that just drives on rails that they've been pushing for the last 15 years.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

new car to complain about coming the 27th :D https://twitter.com/Trackmania/status/1761058550963442164

im hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Hah, this is the car where you could always get skill gapped the hardest, except maybe the Island car. Looking forward to seeing the Wirtual fans cry when they get annihilated by the few boomers with 20 years of experience playing the Rally car that are still around.