Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Thinking about ordering some food. Thoughts?
This poll is closed.
hot wings 4 14.81%
pho 3 11.11%
pad thai 9 33.33%
barbacoa tacos 8 29.63%
cheezer 3 11.11%
Total: 27 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well c-spam, I've got nothing left to give this place, and I kinda am at the point where I think there's not much left to get from it anymore either.

Posting on this forum feels bad now in every visceral and emotional sense. I am just angry all the time. The FYAD/QCS crew is poison, simultaneously exhausting and inexhaustible. The mods are mostly terrible save for a few. The irony poisoning runs deep and it's like a gray pall over the world.

Lowtax going away (if he does) is not going to be enough to fix it.

It's just not fun anymore. Maybe it changed, maybe I did. Thanks for the memories.

(Didn't use a ban-me because maybe some other folks want to talk about this stuff before the thread gets gassed, and if any mod is going to get the kill I suppose it should be a c-spam one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's okay we'll all be dead soon probably

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP in piss Svejk, you were always a Good Poster. Are you gonna switch over to B&R, or take a break and disconnect entirely for a while?

Feel free to act like nothing happened and keep posting TMURP with us if you change your mind. :yaybutt:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Can't be mad at you if you're leaving for the sake of your own mental well-being. Goonspeed.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i hope you can find a greater sense of peace, and emotionally rewarding activities to buoy and fulfill yr spirit. i hope that lunch goes v well, even if you ultimately decide against tacos

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Sounds like you're having humble pie for lunch. q_q

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Squizzle posted:

i hope you can find a greater sense of peace, and emotionally rewarding activities to buoy and fulfill yr spirit. i hope that lunch goes v well, even if you ultimately decide against tacos

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
In all sincerity, I think it is a reasonable decision to divorce yourself from an environment you don’t feel comfortable in. If reading and posting on the forums is making you feel rotten inside, perhaps it’s a good moment to step away. I hope that I haven’t personally caused any harm to you, and I wish you good luck on your journey.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Godspeed. Do what’s good for ya.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

twoday posted:

In all sincerity, I think it is a reasonable decision to divorce yourself from an environment you don’t feel comfortable in. If reading and posting on the forums is making you feel rotten inside, perhaps it’s a good moment to step away. I hope that I haven’t personally caused any harm to you, and I wish you good luck on your journey.

A leftist forum discusses capitalism, and the fact that literally every aspect of our lives is commodified under the boot of late capitalism is inevitably going to lead to some discussions here about the dark, hosed up poo poo in the world; for example, I can understand how the vile poo poo exposed in the Epstein thread can make someone feel depressed considering how far that motherfucker and his connections reached into the elite world of the political, corporate, academia, and media establishments. Same with climate change, etc.

So, basically this:

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Can't be mad at you if you're leaving for the sake of your own mental well-being. Goonspeed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
godspeed goon but we welcome you back, as all goons, good and bad, like turdfuzz and balloogan. take a few weeks off

really the best hero of all time is

just close ur eyes and enjoy the mirage imo, i can't fault people for that. unless you have the right sort of crack-ping mindd to go about living and lolling alternatingly and simultaneously, it probably isn't healthy and 99% of people would be better served by just not knowing or thinking about epstein or cops or trump or climate change or the pandemic, just let the tides of time wash you awry and do your part to serve the great lord of the universe, number

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

i think you should get wings

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Votin' Pad Thai but only because I haven't had good Pad Thai in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I mean I should clarify - I am not abandoning my terminally online Marxism. C-SPAM is not bad it's just literally every other thing around it and I can't ignore it like I used to. I just go into the other section and I get furious. I mean they made cda a QCS mod. What the gently caress is that?

Fly Molo posted:

RIP in piss Svejk, you were always a Good Poster. Are you gonna switch over to B&R, or take a break and disconnect entirely for a while?

Feel free to act like nothing happened and keep posting TMURP with us if you change your mind. :yaybutt:

I have been over there for a bit yeah, and the tone is just the more supportive thing I need right now, though I am trying to be less connected in general for a bit. At least until the election gets closer.
Maybe I'll be back but for the first time in a very long time I am logging out and deleting the app. It worked for me breaking the facebook addiction so I assume it'll run its course here too.

I hope you all can save this place from what appears to brewing. Thank you all for the kind words and keep on Trumpin'

also the answer is pho