Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Also I've learned so much more about both this game and running LPs. I am very excited to see our Battlecruisers in action though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I also vote for the blaze of glory, preferably focusing on doing everything in our power to utterly destroy the Kooken home planet. If nothing else, we shall have our final victory against our first and oldest enemy. :black101:

Honestly, while the LP has been entertaining, the state of the game was looking increasingly dire, and I'm hoping a fresh start will give us a little more breathing room to expand before we get penned in by hostile aliens. At least enough to come at them as equals rather than desperately trying to play catch-up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah I'm down to yeet the entire fleet at their homeworld and just see what happens, this specific setup was looking pretty loving hairy anyways

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The bugs fixed in 1.12 are pretty serious in ways that would probably have hurt the LP quite a bit.

I'd favor SM reconstituting over a glory-filled restart, but either is good.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Gnoman posted:

The bugs fixed in 1.12 are pretty serious in ways that would probably have hurt the LP quite a bit.

I'd favor SM reconstituting over a glory-filled restart, but either is good.

I'll see how well I can reconstruct our galaxy in SM, that will probably be a critical factor.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

420 blaze it!

"it" being us
420 being the number of ships we lose in our futile hell war

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

sebmojo posted:

I think the blaze of glory approach sounds good, mainly because it's what interests you the most (and it will be fun).

Also we will need a lot of propaganda posters, and propagagoonda is the best.

Yep.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
+1 to ideally recreating the game in 1.12, but if it doesn't work, blaze of glory sounds good too.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
We’ll get to see how these ship designs do!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I support the idea of BLAZE OF GLORY into NEW GAME+

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I wouldn't be too worried about recreating the galaxy. Just give us a good space battle so we can see how our designs measure up. If we wind up in a new galaxy with new nasty neighbours than so be it.

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
Go down swinging :black101:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I gotta agree with the others. This galaxy was not very friendly to start with, so with 1.12 fixing some grody bugs and not being backward compatible, go for it! I do really want to see how the battlecruisers work out..

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Is the amount of retirements a bug?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Sad King Billy posted:

Is the amount of retirements a bug?

No that is the rank system working as designed. Senior officers stay on for a long tour of duty, junior officers tend to retire after several years. This was another thing I learned during the LP, all future dorfings will be story characters so they do not retire.

Kodos666
Dec 17, 2013
To boldly charge onwards

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Blaze of glory and then a new clean slate - this galaxy has not been too friendly, let's s roll the dice for a new try.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Starting over with a galaxy shuffle after an all out assault is fine with me. For non bugfixes in 1.12, excited for more abundant OrksRakshasha

(My bet is on us either crushing the Kookians easily, or dieing to missiles without ever getting into range)

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

Rakshasha

I had these completely turned off in this game on account of the GF bug.

Virtual Russian fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Agree on the 'start new game'. I think some fluff stuff for the final conflictw tih no voting really to ease the running of it is probably best. Idea is to have some fun and chaos and see our homeworlds burn!