Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I only ranked top 2% of Gizz fans :(

1 - King Gizz
2 - M83
3 - Failure
4 - Flyying Colours
5 - DIIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
0.5%, about 9500 minutes of Gizz.

1. Gizz
2. Djo
3. Queens of the Stone Age
4. Yard Act
5. Arctic Monkeys

Only two Gizz songs in my top songs though, Dragon and Gila.

Looks like an opener for some portion of the 2024 US tour got leaked via Instagram ad - Geese will apparently be opening at the Milwaukee show, at least. Their album 3D Country might be my album of the year, so that's exciting!

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Top 2%, 1142mins out of 24.5k

1. King Gizzard
2. J Hus
3. 2 Chainz
4. Sum 41
5. Janelle Monae

Haven't really got into the latest release still though, listened to it once or twice through while doing other stuff

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I don't do Spotify, so plexamp stats will have to suffice.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mycelium's good as gently caress y'all

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Weedle posted:

mycelium's good as gently caress y'all

It really is. It’s a great album opener!

I found some really wild covers this afternoon! Folk Acoustic Witchcraft, Gila Monster, and Dragon! It's like a what if Petrodragonic was a story line in the Witcher?

I dig it.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 1, 2023

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Someone posted this on the sub, think I'll do it as it's kinda fun since it takes a different form from my last couple discography runs (did one before the fall '22 tour and one before the residency tour that included everything - all the bootlegs and everything).

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

obliriovrons posted:

Someone posted this on the sub, think I'll do it as it's kinda fun since it takes a different form from my last couple discography runs (did one before the fall '22 tour and one before the residency tour that included everything - all the bootlegs and everything).

Oh that's cool, thanks for posting it here

I don't think I've listened to their full discography since like... 2018 maybe. gently caress! :psyduck:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

KGLW advent is a great idea! Going to double dip today to catch up

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 2, 2023

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3-44MDtr4k

Since it's Float Along Day, I wanted to share this incredible version of Float Along from the tiny-rear end Mr. Small's show in Pittsburgh that I was at last year.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, found out today that my Oddments vinyl is pretty warped. Plays fine on my AT-LP120 where it's fully supported, but throwing it on my SoundBurger it's wavy enough to actually scrape the surface as it spins around. Sounds really weird too.

I blame Eric.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Geese confirmed as opener on the first half of the tour, King Stingray on the second half. Both cool bands, very exciting!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm actually really excited to be seeing both

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My wife caved and gave me one of my gifts early since I'm doing the Gizzmas advent thing. Vylumi led record display, it's pretty sweet.

Alien warp drive Nonagon looks pretty sick

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Anybody else planning to go see them at Red Rocks?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I'm going to see them in Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Newport KY. But not Red Rocks :smith:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chicago woooooooooo

Not looking forward to waiting in the merch line but drat I need some giz merch

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I'll also be doing Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland. I'm gonna take a week off and do most of the NYC to Cleveland run, gonna be great.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chicago and Omaha here, still thinking about squeezing Red Rocks in too.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
My Red Rocks box set finally came from Needlejuice. Meh. Feel like for how much I paid and how long I waited they kinda hosed this up. Got Live in Brisbane '21 a few weeks ago though and that is perfection. I like Bonnaroo '22 better too.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
What's wrong with it?

I bought the Fuzz Club one and love it, so just curious

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

The artwork, vinyl patterns, the insert with notes from that lemon guy. Just feels kinda phoned in or sloppy. Fuzz Clubs artwork and vinyl patterns look superior.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Boys are back in the studio, and the new album is sounding good AF

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3mRZVaRWQ8/

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm always glad to see them happy

(I mean sincerely it's great to know that their music comes from a happy place and that they enjoy doing this for us)

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
All my time off is now coordinated and I will be seeing this band a perfectly reasonable dozen times this year. Tour starts in less than six months!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Boys are back in the studio, and the new album is sounding good AF

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3mRZVaRWQ8/

dying at the "we're back" caption. literally when have you guys ever left at any point in the past half decade

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Weedle posted:

dying at the "we're back" caption. literally when have you guys ever left at any point in the past half decade

They gotta go home and sleep at some point, and then they came back

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
There was a post on the subreddit the other day about how it's been OVER FIVE MONTHS and we're owed a new album (it hasn't even been four months)

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I live in Uruguay and I'm going to be seeing KG at Lollapalooza in March. I'm loving stoked. I've never been to a 3 day festival so I'm very much looking forward to it. Very curious to know how the gently caress they choose what to play out of their immense discography, I guess it will probably be biased towards their newer albums and some of their more popular stuff

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The best part about seeing the Gizz boys is that there is no predicting what they’ll decide to play on any given night. You can *usually* count on some run of 3-4 songs from a more popular record (pick one of the first 4 from mindfuzz, a random string of nonagon, the loyalty trio from poly, or a chunk of murder of the universe) but every show is genuinely and delightfully different. Maybe one day they’ll even finally play Intrasport. Please?

Just like, 6 months to go until the Detroit acoustic show and the Chicago 3 hour marathon for me. Can’t come fast enough.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 25, 2024

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
If the past couple of years are anything to go by (and they probably will be), they'll probably build to about 100 unique songs they play over the course of the year. They don't even really normie it up that much for festival sets like you might expect. Like, the second Coachella week in 2022 they opened the set with the Digital Black -> Murder of the Universe run, which is absolutely wild. There will probably be some metal stuff in the set, and in a normal set there's usually some microtonal stuff, but that's about all you can predict. Plus, they'll be playing their first shows post-Silver Cord's release, so the set might be more synth-heavy than we're used to. Cyboogie might be back! Exciting.

I'm very excited for that Chicago show, having seen the three nights last year. Hoping they bust some weird poo poo out at that one trying to avoid playing too much of the same stuff again. Also very excited for Detroit! My second acoustic set! God I can't wait for Gizz tour.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Hell yeah. Bought my tickets for the Miami show. :coal:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Seeing them at least twice. Could end up three or four times, but, loving kids man

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
King Gizz is cool

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CbFpJuQ8ow

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSQrAYlmuGo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"King Gizzard & TLW" is such a funny way to write their name

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It is. I was at that show and I show up here or there in that video as a nearly faceless blur two people away from the barricades, lol.

Lollapalooza is a super commercial festival but I had never been to anything like it, and I had never seen one of my favorite acts live like that and it destroyed my loving mind. It was fun to see some stuff from my adolescence live like blink-182, the Offspring and even Limp Bizkit but the KG concert was far and away the best show I've ever seen live. I haven't been able to stop listening since. The Gaia-Gila Monster-Gaia reprise, the Dripping Tap and Magma all blew me the gently caress away. I found out about their sideshow in Argentina after it had sold out but here's the badass VHS quality bootleg someone put out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnbVBT22P0

I was praying for them to play Self-Immolate or Perihelion and they opened with both the following day. I think if I had known I might have contemplated homicide and identity theft to get a ticket, but I'm glad someone else got to enjoy it instead. I tried not to record more than a minute or two of the whole thing but I got a few amazing ones of the Dripping Tap that I'll be cherishing forever, haha

I definitely need to see them live again one day.

Tosk fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 21, 2024

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just thought I'd watch this video again, for no particular reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAlQvDQGoI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've somehow managed to convert my 5-year-old nephew into a huge KGLW fan. For the past few months Fishing for Fishies, Rattlesnake and Gila Monster are his favorite songs, and he will listen to them over and over again, singing along. Proud uncle moment when we were driving home yesterday, and he's headbanging along to Gila and Dragon, and nailing every chant of Gila and Woo!

I'm seriously considering ditching my wife for the Omaha show and bringing him along instead with his Monster Jam hearing protection ofc