Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Britva Cutter
Jul 9, 2006

No, I'm in touch with humanity.
What helmet cams do y’all like? I need to be able to review my loud pipes saving lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:imunfunny:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Camera?

Camera

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I found that if I use a helmet communication device, I can connect to infinity users with incredible range by just using discord instead of buying fancier and fancier models to connect to more people and playing a convoluted dance to get things to sync

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Britva Cutter posted:

What helmet cams do y’all like? I need to be able to review my loud pipes saving lives

I have a GoPro Session 4 and a GoPro Hero 6.

The session is mounted to the rear of the bike, the hero 6 on the handlebars.

I used to have a helmet mount for them, didn't care for the extra weight, but they worked fine as helmet mounted cams too.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

500excf type r posted:

I found that if I use a helmet communication device, I can connect to infinity users with incredible range by just using discord instead of buying fancier and fancier models to connect to more people and playing a convoluted dance to get things to sync

This, its just magic, you can even talk to friends not riding!!!

As for camera, i got the SOny AS50, it sucks, dont get it. Bad image quality and no external mic option.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whoa. I never considered using a helmet comm device as a generic discord mic. That’s........actually a really good idea

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

do you have to be in constant cell service for it to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
You're gonna need to connect to the internet some how yeah, im sure if you thought about it for a bit you could find solutions to the situations where cell coverage would be an issue but it's going to be very dependant upon what you're doing and trying to do eg riding with friends trying to communicate to each other vs talking to someone at home while you're on the bike.

For a generally quick way to talk to multiple in a fast easy pain free manner, it works great. It helps that you can just buy 35$ headsets instead of 140$ ones too, but regardless of brand and features, you can still communicate with each other with three phone taps.