Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh boy, we get to spend some more time in the place based on Hooters but with elementary school kids, and even find yaoi art of more elementary school kids in it! Later one we find some more where they swap spit or grope each other or where one sticks their hand under their underwear! Oh, how my heart dances with joy in seeing this fine entertainment showcased.

As an extra bonus we make fun of safe spaces and unions. Loving the politics here. Really loving them.

Even when it's not revolting on a conceptual level or going for the cheap grossout (Jizz-Encrusted Computer Keyboard, nice) this game's humor still mostly sucks. The bottomless lemonade joke is something an unfunny dad in a sitcom would say, and the "you thought you could skip this tutorial just because we made it look like you had the option? Haha, no you can't, aren't we clever" isn't much better.

Also, I can't help but notice that picking the Chaos Kids as your Kryptonite has no visible effect when fighting them. You'd think that they wouldn't bother calling that out if it's not going to affect anything anyway, but hey, why bother with stuff like that when there's poop jokes to make?

I did warn about it being NSFW :buddy:

The game makes fun of a lot of stuff. And, just like most things, not everybody will like the same type of humor. South Park especially have made a Safe Space song before, so this really shouldn't be a surprise.

Regarding the kryptonite,

quote:

Unlike our gender, this can't be changed. I heard that we take more damage from our kryptonite, but I can't confirm it. There's another gameplay change, but that's not coming anytime soon (and by the time it comes, you'll probably have forgotten all about this).
So yeah. Since we can't just change our Kryptonite, there's no easy way to see if we actually take more damage without it being too much :effort:

achtungnight posted:

I can change my vote to Cyborg Brutalist if it will move things forward.

Well, it won't move things forward! :buddy:

Changing your vote that way will just put Cyborg in the lead while not breaking the Brutalist-Psychic tie. I'll probably keep the voting open for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh boy, we get to spend some more time in the place based on Hooters but with elementary school kids, and even find yaoi art of more elementary school kids in it! Later one we find some more where they swap spit or grope each other or where one sticks their hand under their underwear! Oh, how my heart dances with joy in seeing this fine entertainment showcased.

As an extra bonus we make fun of safe spaces and unions. Loving the politics here. Really loving them.

Even when it's not revolting on a conceptual level or going for the cheap grossout (Jizz-Encrusted Computer Keyboard, nice) this game's humor still mostly sucks. The bottomless lemonade joke is something an unfunny dad in a sitcom would say, and the "you thought you could skip this tutorial just because we made it look like you had the option? Haha, no you can't, aren't we clever" isn't much better.

Also, I can't help but notice that picking the Chaos Kids as your Kryptonite has no visible effect when fighting them. You'd think that they wouldn't bother calling that out if it's not going to affect anything anyway, but hey, why bother with stuff like that when there's poop jokes to make?

I mean, Hooters hires 16 year olds, right? Using literal elementary school kids as an angry caricature works fine for pointing out how screwed up the breasteraunt concept is.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
That's what I get for not thinking about things. Make it Psychic Cyborg. I always did like Cable.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Looks like we're going to be a Cyborg Psychic superhero for now.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 12. Buttlord VS A Black Man

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Where the heck are we hiding those Big Guns in our little kid body?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

From her rear end, obviously :j:

Update 13. Buttlord VS Freedom Pals

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Still loving Craig’s lines.

Getting out of costume requires QTE? That does sound annoying- and unique. Maybe New Kid is reluctant to stop playing superheroes?

Nice that Mom is obviously drinking red wine, not Chardonnay.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how hard Cartman projects his issues on everyone :allears:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Man, I forgot how depressing the end of day scenes are. The fact they're, like, the only thing in the game not played for humor (or a poor attempt at humor, depending on your personal views) really makes them that much worse. :smith:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

1234567890num posted:

I did warn about it being NSFW :buddy:

The CraigXTweek is a particularly gnarly brand of South Park pushing boundaries. I get the criticisms.

The warning in the OP doesn't stand out, so I'm going to toss a NSWF warning in the title. If you're familiar with South Park, then sure you'll know what to expect, but not everyone is familiar with their brand of humour and that shouldn't necessarily be expected.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Um...dad's loving moms is still true, even with being an orphan or adopted. :colbert:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

It's just a pedantic difference between "every mom and dad hosed each other" and "every kid has(/had) ONE mom and dad who hosed each other" :eng101:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 14. Buttlord VS Drunks

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The end of this episode feels a bit abrupt- did you mean to do more after introducing the dancers?

I think you’re almost past the point the last guy who tried LPing this game reached. Congratulations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I WAS planning to continue, but I decided to cut it there because the next bit is...you'll see.

Also, DN's LP got into right after Civil War, so we're already past that point :toot:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
DoubleNegative seemed uncomfortable enough with this game's content before getting to the "kids in a strip club" segment.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 15. Buttlord VS Bitches

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That's actually a really cool encounter idea I just wish the...everything else...wasn't so gross

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Advancing Boss of Doom has been done many times in video games before, and better. But the way it's done is a bit unique here.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Indeed it has, but I appreciate it nevertheless. I like games that add variety to their combat.

Also whoever does the music for this game is really on the ball.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The thing that really make this special is that the Advancing Boss of Doom works on a real-time basis while everything else are turn-based. It really increases the :derp: factor.

There's a music for almost every single enemy type in this game. Some of them are only used once. That's why I tried to make videos for every single enemy type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's like a really high quality Newgrounds RPG.