Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Ordered a copy, looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
:frogsiren: Print run number two (the big one) is officially underway! :frogsiren:

All payments have finally cleared with the overseas partners, and the factories are beginning their production. I'll be getting the extra manual booklets via air as soon as they're complete, and I'll mail them out for free to everyone that's already ordered once they come in (even internationally).

Now it's time to get more serious about getting the game in reviewers' hands once the manuals are in, and then I finally need to finish planning out videos and kickstarter/advertising

Vvv:
This makes me genuinely happy, I'm so thrilled at all of the awesome responses that the game's been getting :dance:

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 28, 2020

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

So I'm late on reporting this, but I got my copy a week or so after I ordered in late September. Played through the 2-player scenarios with my wife in early October and it was a lot of fun. She's not really a dice game person and would never touch any P&P game, but she liked the simplicity of this one and we both really enjoyed it. Balance was good too - enough to feel dangerous but winnable even though neither of us had played the game before. Definitely worth my :20bux: and I'm looking forward to giving some of the bigger 3/4 person scenarios a shot at some point.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It's been a long road, but there's light at the end of the tunnel! The booklets also arrived - I added them to the existing copies of the game that are already stateside, and on Wednesday I'll be mailing booklets out to everyone that already ordered a copy.

I also threw together a more easily printable version of the rulebook in case anyone wants to make extra copies, https://www.buddingheroes.com/pdf/rulebook-print.pdf

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Crossposting here in case anyone has this thread bookmarked but not the TG design one: I'm working on some of the video scripts, and input is certainly encouraged:

Sentient Data posted:

I'm working on the script for the intro/pitch video for Budding Heroes, and I want to see if anyone has any thoughts before I give it the final pass and begin recording. When read aloud with pauses, it should be just about 4~5 minutes which I think is the sweet spot.
(Full script in the quoted post)

Also, update: 2 full pallets of the game have successfully arrived! All the tarriff/customs stuff going on had me worried, not to mention that huge capsized cargo ship (which the games could have 100% been on since the timing was perfect), but I don't need to sweat it any longer. The design/procurement part is officially done (for now), so now it's just marketing/fulfillment time

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

If anyone wants a physical manual once they're printed, just shoot me a PM and I'll pop it in the main - a stamp or two should cover it within the States, so NBD (Sorry to any international orderers until I have them in hand).

Hey, I never got this, and still would like to. PMed in September.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Sorry, must have gotten lost in the shuffle. I'll get yours sent out and check if any others are missing tracking info

E: after researching it, there were a few orders that never updated. I'll get all those manuals sent out again tomorrow afternoon, and as an apology for the delay, I'll also include another copy of the game to give out to a friend or whatever

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 15, 2021

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Just bought s copy from your website I'm excited to check this out and support a goon run business. https://buddingheroes.com/

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Did anyone manage to make any tutorial or gameplay videos? A brief search through Youtube came up short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Not yet, I couldn't get interest from the gameplay channels I knew of and I didn't have the money to bribe them or commission anyone else so I basically slammed hard into a brick wall

The fact that you asked just now is super meaningful to me, so thank you. I'll try taking another stab at the script