Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1287857230562369544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Not sure that a joke about mistaking the identity of a couple of black people is enough to get cancelled.

Then again, it's 2020 so who knows.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
it's actually really cool that vague allegations of discrimination are what brought the full force of scrutiny from the people her strings are attached to and not, like, rehabilitating a mass murderer on national TV

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Jim Long-un posted:

it's actually really cool that vague allegations of discrimination are what brought the full force of scrutiny from the people her strings are attached to and not, like, rehabilitating a mass murderer on national TV

With respect to that whole "have a dialog with people we disagree with" thing, they say that as if her dialog with President Bush is the same as your dialog with a Republican co-worker, but it's not. They omitted that he's a known liar. If truth through conversation is that important, we should all have the same access that DeGeneres and the Obamas have to him. If truth through dialog is that important, that conversation should be under oath at a time when we can be certain any perjury will be prosecuted under a fair system and without the possibility of a pardon.

I know someone who received a wrong number from a prison inmate, and decided out of boredom to exchange letters with him. He lied to lessen the circumstances of his conviction by claiming he was stirred to passion and defense of his daughter after seeing her get raped. After she did a simple Internet search, she found out what really happened was that he conspired with his uncle to shank someone who backed out of an illegal deal. Amicable conversation in an informal setting, not even recorded so we can hear what she heard, seems unlikely to have led to a deeper understanding about anything when the other participant in this conversation is a war criminal. They can defend the rehabilitation however else they'd like, in the name of amicability, but they can't defend it in the name of truth.

I liked her show when watched a few episodes a few years ago. I haven't watched any talk show TV since then, so I didn't mean to imply I stopped watching because I thought the quality degraded. I didn't really like her Netflix special that was mostly jokes about how rich she is, though.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 28, 2020

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

galenanorth posted:

that whole "have a dialog with people we disagree with" thing,

I kinda agree with what you're saying but the main thing I'm stabbing at is how utterly baseless the entire premise of that is. like it's a simple disagreement over political miscellany. there is no disagreement, the plain fact is that somebody who is more or less directly responsible for causing human suffering to that staggering of a degree through ignorance, incompetence, and callous bloodlust is not deserving of a life of peace and freedom, much less one of privilege. it's like putting Gacy in a comfy chair and saying really man what we need to talk about is that unacceptably flat color palette in those creepy rear end paintings of yours. but even that is a bad comparison because Gacy was torn to shreds by his poo poo life and W. is just the pampered dipshit scion of a political family, and the violence of a serial killer is pretty small beans compared to the violence of a rich man sitting in a well-furnished office. but really, detailed analysis of this kind of poo poo is pretty much just farting in the wind because, much like most network TV and the entire god-awful comedy talk show genre in particular, it's plainly propaganda made to brainhack any proles that aren't wormed deep enough to see it for what it is

Salacious Spy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 29, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't find it but apparently Dakota Johnson used to work for Ellen and said she's basically the worst. I wish I could find it because it was something like "you blew off my birthday to hang out with the war criminal GWB".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWYe5MwIS-A

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
She's sorry, y'all.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1289177359631802368

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
She's not being let off the hook by everyone...

https://twitter.com/KirkWrites79/status/1289213734347403267

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Having worked with the show for four years, none of this is very surprising. The frontline people like the audience production staff were sweethearts, and I miss them a lot. The backstage production team, though, could be an absolute hellscape of catty egos.

Not sure about the sexual assault allegations against the three producers, though. Never seemed like that type of environment at all, but I also never really interacted much with the EPs. There was always more of a clique and an ego problem from what I saw. I also can't speak much to Ellen's personality herself. I maybe interacted with her three whole times, which is part of the problem. She's extremely distant to anyone that isn't a producer or a writer.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Ellen just wants to have shows cancelled by the right and the left

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Long time, no bump. That's been corrected.

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1353703776486612992

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
This story isn't going away...

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1374073427976421380

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
What was Obama's reason for giving her the Medal of Freedom again?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Thom12255 posted:

Famous gay?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Thom12255 posted:

After getting the Nobel Peace Prize for no reason, he just really wanted to pay it forward

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thom12255 posted:

Rush has one, that taints it even more.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Rush doesn't have anything anymore except for worms eating his rotten corpse.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I think the worms would spit that poo poo out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The worms came from within.