Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i really did not think we'd be able to pull it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're good mikey

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I got voted out on my fuckign birthday

Great game, unique ending, good time. Thanks for playing everyone

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Had a blast even if Rarity made me play solo scum for half the game on my first time lol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorningMoon posted:

Had a blast even if Rarity made me play solo scum for half the game on my first time lol.

I figured as newbie scim that if I cut you off from your buddies you'd flounder and drown without anyone to support you :shrug:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

An ominous mood befalls the Daily's Place arena. Chants of "No Mods, No Masters, We Are One" reverberate as Junpei is affixed to the catapult by a variety of creepers. Then, just as suddenly as she was attached, *FLING!*

Junpei Hyde, Jacksonville-Aligned Watcher has been LAUNCHED out of the game.

quote:

Hangman's dead? Man, if only you had little Marko there to back him up!

As JUNGLE BOY, you have a strong sense of TRUTH, JUSTICE, and TREE LAW. Climbing to the top of the trees and turnbuckle, you are a JACKSONVILLE-ALIGNED Watcher! During the Night Phase, you may use your vantage point to ##OBSERVE a player during the Night. You will get a report right before Day-Break of every player that happens to visit them. You win the game when all threats to Jacksonville have been eradicated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, Jackie D and Senerio find themselves outnumbered. There is nowhere left to run. No escape. They are beckoned with chants of JOIN US.

THE GAME HAS ENDED IN A DARK ORDER VICTORY

quote:

SalTheBard

You cast aside your past convictions and roles! You throw away your old mask! You are now STU GRAYSON. You are a DARK ORDER ALIGNED CULTIST! You win the game when THE DARK ORDER outnumbers all remaining players.

quote:

mikeycp

You have been COMPELLED.
You have shed all previous roles and alignments! You are now ALEX REYNOLDS. You are a DARK ORDER-ALIGNED CULTIST. You win the game when DARK ORDER outnumbers all remaining players.

quote:

karmicknight

You have been COMPELLED
You are now EVIL UNO. You have forgotten all of your past needs, fears, and convictions and trades. You only live to serve THE DARK ORDER. You are a DARK ORDER aligned Cultist. You have no powers other than your vote to serve The Exalted One. You also have a love and unending craving for Kool-Aid. You will be victorious when DARK ORDER outnumbers all remaining players.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thanks JOHN CENA for running a fun game. I have only played werewolf among us on VR, which is a little like Mafia so I was a scrub but I learned a lot in this game and look forward to playing it again some time. Thanks everyone who played !

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Their prior roles

quote:

karmicknight

Did anyone ask for a SUPERKICK PARTY? You are livid that your best bud Hangman was killed. This will not stand! And you're gonna make whoever did this pay!

You are NICK JACKSON! You are a JACKSONVILLE-ALIGNED Role-Cop! During the Night Phase, you can ##SUPERKICK a player out of their shoes and learn what role they are based on their socks! You win the game when all threats to Jacksonville have been eradicated!

iCero Miedo! That is the motto you live by in life, and you make no compromises! You are PENTAGON JR! You are merciless when you get someone in the ring. You killed Hangman and you don't care!

You are a TRIANGULO DE LA MUERTE aligned ROLECOP! During the Night Phase, you can target a player and stare deep into their soul with the power of ##CEROMIEDO and learn what role they are! This can be very useful in learning who the biggest threats to you are. If need be, you can also perform the Night Kill for your team. Triangulo de la Muerte wins when they reach parity or majority over the remaining players and effectively control the vote.

quote:

SalTheBard

ROOOOAAAR! Straight from the deep dark depths of the South American jungle, you are the LUCHASAURUS! You are a JACKSONVILLE-Aligned Vanilla player! You have no special actions, but will win the game when all threats to the Jacksonville-Aligned players are eliminated!

You are REY FENIX. You are glad Hangman is dead, and if you have your way, he won't be the last!

You are a TRIANGULO DE LA MUERTE aligned GOON. You can perform the night kill each night. Triangulo de la Muerte wins when they reach parity or a majority with the remaining players and effectively control the vote.

quote:

mikeycp

You'll never forgive whoever killed your Tag Team Partner. Not for killing him, but for killing him before you could. Ah well, thems the breaks.

You are KENNY OMEGA. You are a JACKSONVILLE-ALIGNED Vanilla Townie. You may not have any special actions, but you still have your vote! You win the game when all threats to Jacksonville have been eradicated!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A few thoughts

- First of all huge props to my Dark Order family for pulling out the win. When town caught Moon I figured they were doomed but they somehow managed to stay out of trouble. Sal's 'I'm the only cultist' lie was absolutely clutch here and karmic and mikey were great at staying out of trouble long enough to make the difference

- This was my first time playing a cult leader and it was really fun! Night action game theory is one of my fave parts of mafia and this role was deep on that. Scum/evil 3P roles are my favourite so I had a blast. I also liked how much it kept me invested in the game after I died. Normally I kinda check out when that happens but here because I'd been able to pick my team I still felt like I was sharing in their successes. It was like being a team manager watching from the sidelines.

- That said I meant it when I said cult mechanics suck and JC really shouldn't have put them in a newbie game, even if they did make for an incredibly crazy end to D3

- Moon did a really great job as scum and I wish he hadn't given up once he got caught out cause if he'd kept on plugging away he might have been able to work something

- As I was 3P all my D1 scum reads were legit apart from at the end when I said GG looked scummy. Obviously after that I knew the scum team so I was bullshitting from there. I also wanna point out that I nailed projecthalaxy as scum with my first read of the game :smug:

- My play in this game was super rusty and there were a few times I hosed up real bad in not being consistent in interacting with people but luckily nobody pulled me up on it

- kk, Sal, mikey, we're going to Chilli's!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i'm still reeling from kenny being vt

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

but also once i got Into The Game and then a NiteCru i had a lot of fun

thanks JC and also all the players

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

mikeycp posted:

i'm still reeling from kenny being vt

It's an outrage to be sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a lot of debate for me internally if the game would benefit from a vigilante or a watcher more. eventually i figured Worst Case Scenario for town can come really really quickly with a Vigilante in play if they ##V-TRIGGER incorrectly, so I switched Omega to Vanilla and Jungle Boy to a Watcher instead for balancing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rarity posted:

- Moon did a really great job as scum and I wish he hadn't given up once he got caught out cause if he'd kept on plugging away he might have been able to work something

Thank you, but I think that while I could've wiggled out of Junpei's accusation, the fact that i'd need to reach a point where only 3 people remained, which cannot include karmic or sal, and without killing Junpei as that'd reveal that she was saying the truth and thus i was lying and likely scum, was too impossible of a task to spend too much free time trying to craft an amazing lie.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good game, Cult! I felt like you played well enough that you deserved a win tbh.

Also impressed with MorningMoon lasting that long just solo scum. Good job tbh.

Also just general apologies for my freakout in thread, I was dealing with legitimately heavy stuff for most of last week. Not gonna share details here (because they're both personal and not mine to share) but yeah.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938491&pagenumber=1&perpage=40 come join