Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Girl Exorcist Reina is a relatively new series about a seemingly delinquint bully girl named Reina Suzuno. She's rude, crude, and vicious, but mostly the latter towards evil spirits, whom she uses her abilities as an exorcist to expunge. Her methods of battling spirits are...often misunderstood, leading to her terrible reputation. The cast of characters that surround her lead to some incredible shenanigans, but the spirits she fights are genuinely horrific at times, increasingly moreso as the series goes on. The spirits definitely gives me a Mieruko-chan vibe in design, but instead of Mieruko-chan's like 80% horror/20% slice of life, it's 40% horror 60% comedy and tomfoolery, sometimes yanking back and forth between the two page to page or even panel to panel, it's pretty impressive the author pulls it off well.

seriously one of my favorite relatively recent series, I love the intense looks the character have to their faces too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Reina is good. Exorcising ghosts by calling their mom fat is amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
honestly one of my favorite exorcism techniques was the first one she used, the prayer beads seemingly into a typical exorcist prayer posture but in actuality just was an open-handed full-arm slap to the ghost's face

the latest chapter, 25, might be my favorite chapter though. actually horrifying(real big not a fan of hair-based horror monsters) and then that moment happens and I'm just grinning ear to ear the rest of the chapter. love it.

the way the author turns the horror on its head to become entertainment is so, so good.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's also genuinely creepy at times, which is neat.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Go to hell! You suck Fatass. Loser.

There, that should protect the thread from evil spirits.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Say what you will about Yu-Gi-Oh, but the dude has a hell of a distinctive silhouette

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I found my love for the "Delinquent HUHHH?!" face when I read Yankee-Kun & Megane-Chan for the first time, and it seems this manga author has continued the tradition with great aplomb.

Love this manga! Thanks for the thread Capt Invictus!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't expect this to get sad. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's sad but in a good way, and while it's an issue that will no doubt come up again, her addition to the crew is welcome.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Started and caught up on the series (finally), crime scene outline barrier is the best visual gag so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reina rules, this is everything I want in a protagonist.

Now I just need to see if I've just been oblivious this whole time or if no one has jumped on the money fountain of delinquent female protagonist for games...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The teacher enduring his trauma this chapter to be a big drat hero was so good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad Reina has found a good future wife.

RareAcumen posted:

Reina rules, this is everything I want in a protagonist.

Now I just need to see if I've just been oblivious this whole time or if no one has jumped on the money fountain of delinquent female protagonist for games...

River City Girls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

River City Girls!

Yeah, I'm already aware of that but I just can't get into 2D beat em ups lately. I dunno why.