Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Heya, I'm at my wits end trying to solve this issue I've been experiencing for the past few days and haven't been able to find -anything- that could even help me fix it.

So I have an old 27" Monitor (Monitor B) and have recently bought a brand new 32" Monitor (Monitor A) to use as my main display. For about a week I've had no issue with Monitor A as my main and Monitor B as my extended screen. All worked fine, programs would run on either monitor as needed.

About a week ago I played a game of Bloodbowl on Monitor A, finished the game and then went downstairs for lunch. I come back upstairs to try and launch Bloodbowl and...nothing happens. I uninstall and try all sorts of tricks to get the game to launch but no dice, it just won't run. It doesn't crash, the game looks to be loading in Steam it just then closes down before actually booting up.

After much trial and error I find that, if I swap Monitor B to be my main monitor and launch Bloodbowl the game suddenly boots up! I've had a similar issue today with the program 'Wonderdraft' that will load up now only on Monitor B for some reason. I have tried all sorts of solutions, dragging the stuff back onto my main monitor etc. but, in Bloodbowls case, that just messes with the resolution.

I can't for the life of me figure out why some programs will no longer boot up with Monitor A as my main display.

I have a gut feeling there's an issue with the display overlapping but I've changed resolutions and made sure it's all snapped into the correct position and it still does it. The recent I think this is some games seem to 'jitter' Monitor B for a moment as if it's readjusting. Also when I snap Discord onto the left side of Monitor B at half a screen width a small part of it extends into Monitor A.

Any help would be appreciated as I've spent hours looking online and I can't find anyone that has had this issue it seems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Make sure you're on the latest GPU drivers and using the latest motherboard BIOS.

-Make sure your OS is fully updated.

-Try different monitor cables.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Thanks!

Looks like there was Windows Update that hadn't popped, that fixed it!

Really appreciate it!