Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Its pretty clear that you and the rest of the council thought I was profitting off goons from the very beginning.

You think I'm dumb and can't pick up that you don't distrust me? I saw it with passive aggressiveness, and felt cold from Pharnakes too. It came out that y'all thought I was profiteering.

So who started the drama? Did your distrust start it or did me noticing it and not trusting you start it?

Chicken/egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

ModeSix posted:

Way to take a comment and display it in a vacuum without context.

I know this may be a foreign concept to you, but there is a thing called humour. People use it from time to time to amuse others.

you weren't joking. You didn't trust me. You've said it yourself.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

Its pretty clear that you and the rest of the council thought I was profitting off goons from the very beginning.

You think I'm dumb and can't pick up that you don't distrust me? I saw it with passive aggressiveness, and felt cold from Pharnakes too. It came out that y'all thought I was profiteering.

So who started the drama? Did your distrust start it or did me noticing it and not trusting you start it?

Chicken/egg

Sure.

Enjoy your empire of salt.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ModeSix posted:

Sure.

relax jester

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

ModeSix posted:

Sure.

Salt is what we live for no?

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Once again I'll say all I wanted to do was play spaceships and do hoodrat poo poo with goons, y'all motherfuckers are crazy and I'm honestly impressed with how ridiculous this became. Delusions of grandeur in a MOBILE PHONE SPACESHIP GAME. Nerds.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

kaizier posted:

Why can't we all just get along, let's all just fly space cars, pew pew lasers and scam pubbies for isk.

Literally nobody is stopping you from getting in game and shooting nerds right now. Nobody is even stopping you from doing it with other nerds on the discord!

--

Also, man. Multiple leadership changes in the first month, the game being "played" just as much outside of it as in it, memes everywhere, and corp thefts aplenty all while a dedicated crew of folks works to figure out what works best for pewing mans in the background. This really is the complete EVE package and I cannot believe how much it's delivered in just the first three weeks.

There's been a couple interesting sociological things going on, too, the most fascinating to me being that the idea of "EVE Goonswarm" is, from everything we have observed over the past week, now almost completely detached from the concept of "SomethingAwful Goons". So many of the people joining Valswarm from outside these forums knew was "the Goonswarm brand" was (and this is almost certainly what Valador wanted to trade on IRL, and we know he was preparing merch), but a ton of them had no idea what SomethingAwful itself was. I really wonder if that holds true in Online as well.

Anyway, I'm a little sad we don't have a coherent OP anymore, because this whole experience delivers every drat day. And I'm sad that Tremek never did tell me what settings/emulator/whatever he used to get those amazing screens in the old OP. :smith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Supposedly a new OP is gonna be posted shortly and this thread closed.

As an aside, regardless of anything else, I do appreciate the subtle edits to the title of this one over the past day or so. It's certainly been loving accurate lol

e: And yeah, antisocial86 you're more than welcome to still do that. Like I said earlier, the discord and the fleet comms have been totally chill since very shortly after tremek blew up the corp wallet, the drama is really still only popping up in this thread anymore.

E2: welp, I guess it started up again in the general channel, that'll teach me to be optimistic.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 31, 2020

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Supposedly a new OP is gonna be posted shortly and this thread closed.

At this point I kinda just want the next one to be a general Echoes thread with links to whatever random corps currently exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
New thread can be found here, please be normal in this one.