Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
These are the browser extensions I have installed:

1. Privacy Badger - Does something magical & good related to privacy
2. uBlock Origin - Ad blocker
3. Facebook Container - Stops facebook from tracking me
4. DF Youtube - As someone who wastes a lot of time on youtube, I appreciate this plugin, which modifies the youtube user interface so that it's harder to watch videos in an endless stream
5. Greasemonkey - I don't actually use this but it's installed out of reverence because it's what the BYOB Script used to run on
6. Block Site - I have all my time-wasting sites on here (yes, including somethingawful) so I just have to press a button to block all of them so I can get some work done

I still don't think I have an entirely healthy relationship with the internet, but these extensions help! What browser extensions do you like to use?

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

The only extension I have right now is Adblock Plus, although I looked up uBlock and I think I'm going to switch over

nut

putting my pictures of me and friends in my Facebook container

google THIS

Stylish, for stupid dumb caveman sites that don't have a dark mode (don't need it here because BYOB is pleasantly in the middle)

1Password, to hold all my very secure randomly generated unfunny passwords so I don't have to look at them and remember how unfunny they are

Also a few web development-related extensions and a couple of things already mentioned

frump truck

hello... again!

ones not mentioned yet:

WhatFont lets you click on a font and it tells you what it is

Tabby Cat give u a lil cat with a fun name every time you open a new tab, seem s very apropos for here

GoFullPage - gives you a screenshot or PDF of a whole webpage. i don't remember why i have this

Rikaikun for DORKS ONLY

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

frump truck posted:

Tabby Cat give u a lil cat with a fun name every time you open a new tab, seem s very apropos for here

This is very good

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

only extension i have is the byob one to show hammock kitty (useless now) & to make the images rotate

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
uBlock, greasemonkey, stylish, SALR, Chrono download manager

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I use NoScript...

Prof. Crocodile

Putty posted:

I use NoScript...

this

also bonzi buddy

vanisher

I have long luxurious extensions that make my browser look beautiful

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I have one called "Image Zoom" and it used to work great and now it works a little less than great

so the way it's supposed to work is you right click on ANY image, hold down the right mouse button, and use the scroll wheel to zoom in/out

something I'm wanting to do a lot

but something changed, either in Chrome or the program, and now the vertical aspect of the zoom stops when it hits the borders of the window, although the horizontal zoom keeps going

changing the aspect ratio of the picture which is exceedingly annoying

there are various similar zooming apps out there and I assume essentially all of them are stealing my data or whatever

but the zoom functionality (selectively, just for pix you care about) is so handy it's surprising it isn't built into chrome

ty nesamdoom!