Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Microfiction is the term used for writing a story in as few words as possible.

I'm going to use this thread to post byob-esque microfiction, and I hope you'll join me!

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 26, 2020

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

ButtTheShitmanFart (real name redacted) is a popular and good looking guy, but boy does he get a kick out of his username. His teammates would never suspect that the captain of the football team posts under that pseudonym on a 20 year old web1.0 comedy forum!

He just wished he was wanted somewhere. That he had a posting crew. A subforum where he would be celebrated...but where was that?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

The Ausgoon refreshed the forums forlornly. No new threads, no new posts, all her posting pals were asleep. Ugh, stupid timezones.

Out of options she navigates to GBS. In a combination of delight and horror she realises that her insomnia is about to pay dividends. There's a thread growing rapidly, like forums of old. Why so many replies?

Looks like lowtax is awake and he's come to post.

nut

My uncle ate cigarettes his whole life. Sitting on the steps of his back porch, I would watch him pull dirty, brown buds from between his teeth until he'd raise his arm and point West. "Their freedom is to make things. Our freedom is to use them."

Chewbecca

He stood at the edge of the world. Everyone he ever knew was inside the vast expanse, which wobbled and pulsed, engulfing everything it touched. It would have been awe inspiring, if awe was a thing he was capable of feeling. He couldn't even remember a time before the vast expanse and soon, wouldn't recall a time after it.

The kid continued to drip great globules of water into the ants nest. Some ants were escaped, others drowned, while one seemed caught between the drops unsure of where to go.

"Stupid ant" said the boy before squashing the ant under his thumb

Chewbecca

The child was experiencing a moment of exquisite happiness, unlike anything ever experienced before or since in the history of humanity. The unique circumstances of her life had lead her to this moment of unparalleled joy - a moment she would forget only a few minutes later.

Gracie really loved her grandma

Chewbecca

Whoops didn't do homework. Avoid eye contact? gently caress yeah a sub!

xcheopis

Bedtime stories for kittens.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful and sweet girl-cat named Hypatia and she was loved and loved and loved. The end!"

Chewbecca

Anger. White hot fury. Vengeance would be his in this life or the next and this pitiful excuse for a man would rue the day they day they dared get on his bad side.

He cracked his knuckles, glared at the screen and typed "as per my last email..."

Chewbecca

Teeny tiny feet, in teeny tiny tap shoes, tack tacked tacked on the timber floor.

Chihuahuas don't normally like shoes, but Gavin the long hair loved them!

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Teeny tiny feet, in teeny tiny tap shoes, tack tacked tacked on the timber floor.

Chihuahuas don't normally like shoes, but Gavin the long hair loved them!

My housemates tiny terrier/pom mix is totally a dancing queen. A story about her struggles to be accepted to tap school and then slaying it at the recital.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Manifisto

buxwux the evil alien commander gazed intently on the image of earth that filled his viewscreen. "the foolish inhabitants of this planet have no idea what they are in for," he said. "I shall take great pleasure in exterminating them! but first, let us gaze upon their works, the things they have felt important enough to transmit into the ether, so that we may take further satisfaction in their suffering." he thumbed his remote control, switching the viewscreen to television mode.

three hours later, flackwack (the alien army's second in command) found buxwux lounging in the alien spacecraft's cafeteria. "so, sir, is it time to destroy earth?" asked flackwack. buxwux grunted noncommittally. "meh," he said. "frankly, I'm not sure they're worth the ammo."

ty nesamdoom!

The Voice of Labor

the rock sat out on the mountainside. when the sun was out the rock would get hot. when it rained the rock would absorb water.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
4 billion years ago a family from a star system approximately 35 light years away had to stop here on Earth for a piss break.

When the family stopped and got out, a bunch of tardigrades jumped off their craft and over time, reproduced like mad eventually filling every conceivable niche of life on planet Earth.

As time went on, the tardigrades evolved, and eventually became all the life on planet Earth alive today.

Billions of years later that same family came back to planet Earth for a 25 year anniversary visit, and due to time dilation and relativity when they returned to planet Earth the family was received by the evolutionary by-products of their first trip stowaways.

This was lucky for them, because their vehicle ran out of fuel, and humans had developed plutonium, which was close enough for their craft to be able to use for the return trip back to their home world.

Out of appreciation, the visiting alien family gave humanity their recipe for the alien's favorite picnic food which- by a bizarre coincidence- happened to also be the basis for nuclear fusion.

-END-

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
We’re not so much through the looking glass as kind of half way through it, trapped in an interdemensional waiting room, the kind with four off-white walls and a receptionist who tries her hardest (and succeeds) to believe that you and everyone else like you does not exist. The muzak piping softly through a speaker has jazz as a baseline but played in time signatures that have not yet and never will be discovered. The only thing to read is an infinite stack of back-issues of Arthritic Marathon Enthusiasts Monthly and the only other occupant is an elderly grandmother knitting a comfy-looking sweater out of the very fabric of spacetime, and when pressed gives a low chuckle and says in the voice of the person you loved most in the world that “we’re all just waiting for something to happen”.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Khanstant
more bones, i demanded; my own, i was handed

Chewbecca

Spiky little seahorse is proud of his spiky little spikes. While he's only an inch high, it makes him feel like a little tough guy.

The other seahorses know he isn't a tough guy, but they figure there's no harm in letting him be the little spiky tough guy seahorse.

Chewbecca

The stone was magic. Not just 'regular' magic (if there is such a thing) but a magic so dark and wonderful that it could change the course of history. All of the mystery of the universe, all of the hope and all of the possibility was imbued in this one non-descript grey stone.

But nobody would ever find out because it had plastic boggly eyes affixed to it, and sat on the little girls desk, preventing her finger paintings from blowing away.

Macnult

and yet, no one knew what the last tree thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
The Wizard leers at you over his crystal ball, the glass distorting his eyes, the light from them unnatural and filled with something he calls "magik" but what you suspect may be the terrifying combination of LSD,PCP, and sundry household cleaning products. "Reality? Pah! I am above reality. I AM reality. These fools, these mortals, they labor under illusions, deluded by things like "money" and "stable employment" Such weaklings! Such Sheep! I look at their vapid shells and am filled with disgust! I alone hold the key, I alone am the master! I alone-" It is at this point, fed up with the Wizard's monologue, you decide to give him a quick and permanent lesson in Reality by kicking him out the immaculately tasteful stained glass window of his tower. His last words are a quietly muttered "gently caress this gay earth" just before he plummets 205.5 stories to his death.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!