Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn’t the Logan from the Logan movie in a different continuity than the rest of the Fox X-Men films?

Maybe, maybe not. They don’t commit in Logan one way or another.

They do a soft reference to canon by Wolverine finding X23’s comic books and him saying “half of this poo poo didn’t happen, and the other half didn’t happen the way these say” or something similar. I took that at the time as “don’t think too much about how this all fits together,” because otherwise, yeah, it’s a huge bummer as a continuation to the end of DoFP.

The sword from The Wolverine makes a cameo, so there are other touches outside of Wolverine and Charles being the same basic characterizations as the other Fox movies.

Doesn’t Caliban get a completely different characterization in an earlier Fox movie too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Doesn’t Caliban get a completely different characterization in an earlier Fox movie too?

Yeah he's the information broker who Psylocke works for before joining Apocalypse.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kinda sad there's no sign of Colossus because if he was in this we'd finally be getting a fastball special from the two of them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

MikeJF posted:

Kinda sad there's no sign of Colossus because if he was in this we'd finally be getting a fastball special from the two of them.

He's in the cinemacon footage they showed of his birthday party. He mentions that he has been binging The Great British Bake Off for the last 5 years to explain why he hasn't seen Deadpool.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

We got that in X3...

But it did look like Wolverine was floating weightlessly through space, so I'd love to see an actual GOOD Fastball Special.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Jamesman posted:

We got that in X3...

But it did look like Wolverine was floating weightlessly through space, so I'd love to see an actual GOOD Fastball Special.

Also we can assume that X3 was erased from all timelines by DoFP for the good of the entire multiverse

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/1782766422369952155

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
couldn't even draw em. probably ai gen. what a hack

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw something really funny today, turns out that the child actor who played little kid Wolverine in X-Men: Origins was Troye Sivan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a similar note, I recently found out/realised that Tyler Hoechlin (Superman in the Arrowverse/Superman & Lois) was the kid who played Tom Hanks's son in Road To Perdition.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Gaz-L posted:

On a similar note, I recently found out/realised that Tyler Hoechlin (Superman in the Arrowverse/Superman & Lois) was the kid who played Tom Hanks's son in Road To Perdition.

Genuinely thrilled he went on to keep working, that movie rules and is secretly maybe the best comic book movie.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gaz-L posted:

What the absolute gently caress? The movie isn't that old surely???

*screams*

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Sentinel Red posted:

What the absolute gently caress? The movie isn't that old surely???

*screams*

Yeah, I thought that guy was "my age" but I was an adult when that movie came out so.... put me out to pasture I guess.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Entertainment Journalist Daniel Richtman has some new info:

- Keke Palmer is in talks to play "a major role" in an upcoming MCU movie (likely X-Men).

- Wesley Snipes signed on to cameo as Blade "before the end of the multiverse saga."

- Ray Parker officially confirmed to return as Toad for Deadpool and Wolverine (which everyone knew for months and he was in the trailer, but I guess it is "official" now)

- Scarlet Johansson is returning as Black Widow for some Disney+ series. No info, but Courtney Baker is the executive producer.

- Shawn Levy says that Deadpool 3 is completely standalone and you will miss a lot of references to other movies if you have never seen them, but you don't need to have seen a single other movie to follow the main plot.

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status/1783567424811389376
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1783605567355007265

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 26, 2024

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Entertainment Journalist Daniel Richtman has some new info:

- Keke Palmer is in talks to play "a major role" in an upcoming MCU movie (likely X-Men).

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ooh that'd be nice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Natasha has been dead for 5 years just give us more Yelena stuff

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The_Doctor posted:

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue
I was thinking Storm

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Seems way too young for Storm. In my head she's eternally about 40.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kiminewt posted:

Seems way too young for Storm. In my head she's eternally about 40.

lol xavier cannonically is supposed to be 38 iirc

cyclops? 28.

yeah i know its stupid.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Storm is a boss but I see it more like eldest sister energy rather than mom vibes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

In my head as a massive fan of xmen here are the ideal ages (why am I doing thsi)

Xavier: 55

Cyclops: 36 (he has a kid and a disappointing marriage)

Storm: 36 (had a mixed up childhood and lived in an anarchist underground community in her 20s, but grew out of it as she grew out her hair)

Everyone cool is near my age and everyone lame is younger

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Storm always gave off "early 20s" vibes for when I was a young teenager. Like super responsible compared to a teenager, but still had enough of an edge to her to hang. Jean Grey was always "mom"-like to go with Scott's dad vibes. Gambit was also around Storms age and Wolverine always gave off grumpy 40 year old uncle vibes.

edit: all ages and vibes taken from when I was about 14 and never updated.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Everyone cool is near my age and everyone lame is younger

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Show Cyclops getting a prostate exam, you cowards!

I need relatable content!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
don't worry logan has been making sure scott's pipes are clean

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

site posted:

don't worry logan has been making sure scott's pipes are clean

If Marvel don't give us the Jean/Scott/Logan polycule we riot.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 26, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The X-Men are all teenagers who rise to fame by saving people and posting video to TikTok.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

The X-Men are all teenagers who rise to fame by saving people and posting video to TikTok.

- Some SonyFox executive at one time, probably.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Hulk Smash! posted:

- Some SonyFox executive at one time, probably.

It would be a great opportinity to resurrect the characters from that New Warriors run from a few years ago (obviously make them mutants) that didn't happen. Modern movie audiences would love Safespace, Snowflake, Screentime and the rest!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
biden banning tiktok is actually an orchis plot

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

site posted:

biden banning tiktok is actually an orchis plot

Now we’re cooking!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

site posted:

Natasha has been dead for 5 years just give us more Yelena stuff

Unless I'm missing some new information this was always announced as her working with Marvel in a creative, BTS capacity, so I don't know why people are reporting it as a Black Widow series when it's just as likely any other character with her bts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Congress banning tiktok because it is pro-mutie

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

If Marvel don't give us the Colossus/Gambit/Scott/Logan polycule we riot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Scott always came across to me in the schism Era as veung 39 and 11 months. He's freaking out about turning 40.

In her solo series from a few years ago its explicitly said that Wanda is 24. Which is kinda crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Joe Fisto posted:

I would murder for an X-Statix show at some point, once mutants are established. Give it Doom Patrol energy.