Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i didn't vote maki itoh for best gimmick because maki itoh is as real as it gets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

forkboy84 posted:

Worth remembering that the best Gimmick winner for 1995 was Disco Inferno.

I love that Bray Wyatt has won "Best Gimmick" twice, only for that same gimmick to win "Worst Gimmick" later. Shows how quickly people tire of him.

Also, that in 1986 "Exotic" Adrian Street won Best Gimmick, while "Adorable" Adrian Adonis won Worst Gimmick. You know if that happened today, WWE fans would be screaming "They're the same gimmick".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I love that Bray Wyatt has won "Best Gimmick" twice, only for that same gimmick to win "Worst Gimmick" later. Shows how quickly people tire of him.

Also, that in 1986 "Exotic" Adrian Street won Best Gimmick, while "Adorable" Adrian Adonis won Worst Gimmick. You know if that happened today, WWE fans would be screaming "They're the same gimmick".

That's also WWE in a nutshell. Wrestler/creative has an original and good idea, it gets over, they stop making ideas and ride the first idea so hard it makes you wish that first idea never happened.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Worst Gimmick is Antonio Honda as a conservative conspiracy theorist except it's not actually a gimmick

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Worst Gimmick is Antonio Honda as a conservative conspiracy theorist except it's not actually a gimmick

He apologised

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That leaves the field right open for Drake Weurtz!

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Royal Updog posted:

He apologised

Thank loving God I could never have lived with myself if I had to include Honda on my list of Problematic Faves instead of Shoot Faves.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Rarity posted:

Drake Weurtz

now this loving guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

That's not quite accurate, Bray first won it as part of the Wyatt Family and back then his gimmick was Max Cady backwoods cult preacher which had supernatural undertones rather than supernatural overtones. It was also a fuckload better than what he is now and lots of it still does hold up.

Matt Hardy's won best gimmick twice as well but one was for Matt Hardy V1 and the other was for Broken Matt Hardy.