Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gottagotowork
Jul 7, 2020

Problem description: When running Windows inside a VirtualBox VM (specifically the prebuilt machine from Microsoft made for IE/Edge development and testing), I get no audio in the guest machine even when I have all the audio option enabled in the machine settings in VirtualBox. All I get is a red mark over the audio icon on the toolbar letting me know Windows can't find any installed audio devices.

Recent changes: Nope! I haven't had this issue in Ubuntu or any other OS running in VB. My audio devices have never changed.

Attempted fixes: I've tried installing basic drivers inside the guest but cannot, as they always say no support devices are in the drivers package.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64Bit

System specs: Ryzen 9, Asus Prime x570. OS is running on a hard disk

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. The closest I can find is what appears to be people complaining about this being an issue with VirtualBox in general and others discussing rollbacks to other versions (but not necessarily specifying which version fixed their issues if at all).

gottagotowork fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU