Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:
As an expatriated New Englander living in NC, I am constantly missing local roast beef joints. Almost every town in northeastern Massachusetts has a roast beef place. The titular sandwiches are on burger buns or onion rolls, piled high with thinly-sliced rare roast beef, topped with cheese and James River barbecue sauce (which oddly enough is made by Smithfield right here in NC).

Where can I go to get this NE regional delicacy in this part of the country? Do I need to open my own roast beef place?

If you suggest Arby's I will chokeslam you into a deep fryer don't even try me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

the heebie-gbs posted:

As an expatriated New Englander living in NC, I am constantly missing local roast beef joints. Almost every town in northeastern Massachusetts has a roast beef place. The titular sandwiches are on burger buns or onion rolls, piled high with thinly-sliced rare roast beef, topped with cheese and James River barbecue sauce (which oddly enough is made by Smithfield right here in NC).

Where can I go to get this NE regional delicacy in this part of the country? Do I need to open my own roast beef place?

If you suggest Arby's I will chokeslam you into a deep fryer don't even try me

Post pics of what you mean

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
would you take a good beef on weck instead?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Post pics of what you mean

yeah OP, I didn't even know this was a thing. is that the model of places that the place you don't want to talk about is based on?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

roast beef sandwiches aren't really a thing outside the northeast. you'll find beef on weck around Buffalo and pit beef in Baltimore, but that's about as far as it goes. you need to look for small, old school one-off restaurants that have roast beef, probably.

on the other hand, you now have barbecue so just eat way more pig imo

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

:rip: Rax Roast Beef

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
i'd smoke a roast beef joint

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

There's a local roast beef chain in St. Louis called Lion's Choice that is definitely better than Arby's. I always viewed it as a bit odd that they exist, but it makes some more sense now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

halokiller posted:

Rax still exists. I ate at one last year. It's just there's only 6 of them in Ohio, 1 in Illinois and 1 in Kentucky.

http://www.raxroastbeef.com/locations.html

edit: They also have my favorite curly fries I've ever had.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not Subway! :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Walt's Roast Beef or Bust, motherfuckers.

https://www.waltsroastbeef.net/

(I haven't eaten at one in forever but they were amazing when I was a kid.)

But yeah, roast beef sandwich places aren't really a thing outside the northeast that I know of. Other than Arbys which isn't in the same league.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Is this a thread Portillos can call home?

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Rick posted:

I don't see why not, Italian beef rules.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

e: A post so nice I made it twice :haw:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
gently caress i want an italian beef right now

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rick posted:

you can live here, but you could also make a Portillo's thread cause it can certainly hold its own

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

halokiller posted:

WOW I thought I imagined this restaurant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

you can live here, but you could also make a Portillo's thread cause it can certainly hold its own

This

But only if we can talk about the ribs, which I can now get, and the pasta, which I’m convinced will never make it west of the Rockies.