Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Well this is great:

http://joanocean.com/

E: Sorry for extremely low effort OP, I just got excited and wanted to share this incredible example of Web 1.0 design coupled with some amazing new-age weirdness

Meet Joan Ocean:

[/url]

Joan Lives in Hawaii and can talk to sea creatures. She leads self-help seminars and the entire website is basically new-age bingo with subjects ranging from galactic alignment, sacred geometry, and the like. Think of timecube but dolphins and bathed in teal. Enjoy.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

joanocean.com posted:

In 1988 I arrived in Hawaii, looking for a quiet place near the water to meet with clients seeking spiritual counseling and to compile the messages of the dolphins and whales.

Same.

E:

joanocean.com posted:

Our latest research involves merging our individual energy fields and our atomic structure with the harmonic frequencies of dolphin and whale sounds and sonar.

Personally I'm working on merging with the submarine sonar frequency. poo poo is 200 db.

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 7, 2020

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dolphinville.com posted:

What is Dolphinville all about?

The very word Dolphinville brings a natural smile to the lips of nearly every person I've met. Here is a place where one can lighten up and still feel a part of everything without taking ourselves too seriously. This is "Paradise" after all, so those of us who've made a conscious decision to live here, are freely creating without restrictions or threat of embarrassment. In other words, it's all right to be silly, because taking things too seriously leads to dis-ease and death.
Fortunately we have the "Clown Scientists" to thank for the recent re-discovery of the all important, "Clown Chakra" *(see below) in humans and dolphins alike. Since then interest and research has really picked up.
So, the sovereign citizens of Dolphinville recognize the importance of joy and laugher
as a way of life and strive to incorporate that into all of their behavior towards one another. In the Hawaiian tradition, this is called the "Aloha Spirit" and recognizes that life is a gift worth sharing and enjoying for free, because it makes you happy. For everything else, there's MasterCard . . . and . . . Dolphin Dollars.

gently caress sign me up

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
drat Mermaid Shelly looks rough

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If someone really could talk to dolphins and that, I'd expect them to have a sketchy, early-web-type website, if they had one at all. I mean, why update when you have dolphins to talk to?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

"These are some of the basic priciples (SIC) [dolphins posted:

teach:"]

- Supporting each other.
- Cooperating, no competition.
- Taking care of Nature and it takes care of us.
- We are more than our physical bodies, we are able to communicate.
- Always smile it makes you more beautiful.
- Eye contact is a communication between souls.
- Don't blame others.
- Keep active.
- Enjoy making love.
- Be curious.
- Love yourself.
- Keep your sense of humor.

Sounds like goons need not apply.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

DickParasite posted:

Yeah those no-joke sound horrible. Existential dread, horror, and anxiety are the natural state of the human organism. We need to build on that before we have any chance of improving things. I guess what I’m saying it how much does dolphin tenderloin cost? Do I cook it more like steak or salmon?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah those no-joke sound horrible. Existential dread, horror, and anxiety are the natural state of the human organism. We need to build on that before we have any chance of improving things. I guess what I’m saying it how much does dolphin tenderloin cost? Do I cook it more like steak or salmon?

I can't answer your questions but I noticed the JoanOcean is very quiet regarding the well known aggressive sexual behavior of dolphins.

e:

She can also take you on sasquatch tours:

Crazy Dolphin Lady posted:

Did you know that Sasquatch can:
Read
Write
Shape-shift
Project Their Voice
Create Infrasound that affects the environment
De-materialize at will, or cause you to have an experience of lost time so you think they de-materialized.
Travel 300 miles a day on foot.
Live in well-lighted underground facilities
Contact and live with Star People
Tell us about our past and our future.
Have lived here longer than the human race.

Sasquatch lives in underground abodes substantially nicer than your traditional goon layer.

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 7, 2020

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

jesus was a bigfoot.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Aaaand this is why I'm so diligent with the sunscreen.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
somebody needs to get her in touch with that guy from a few months back who was looking for his republican tantric sex goddess

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I feel very tired of making fun of random people trying to retain some degree of happyness in this world

So rock on Joan Ocean, rock on

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Son of Rodney posted:

I feel very tired of making fun of random people trying to retain some degree of happyness in this world

Hear hear

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Stone Ocean

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

DickParasite posted:

it sounds like we humans could learn a lot from the kindly dolphin and their social behavior

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

DickParasite posted:

Sasquatch lives in underground abodes substantially nicer than your traditional goon layer.
traditionally goons don't get laid at all though

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Son of Rodney posted:

This qualifies as punching up because I dont own a boat nor am I capable of psychic communication with aquatic mammals.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Pretty sure this is just Joan when she is wrecked on DMT

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Joan Ocean is an anagram of

An Ocean J.O.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Son of Rodney posted:

I just hope we won't find out that she secretly leads a bizarre death cult in worship of a dolphin hybrid god.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I have literally zero moral qualms about making fun of new age boomers who post their insanity online. Laughing at hippie weirdos will forever be funny.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Joan Ocean, MSc

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Joan Ocean,

Would u like to come squatchin w me and the boys? Yes/No
We just like to have a LITTLE fun out in the squatch patch as we call it, rustlin up sasquatches. Bigfeet, as they are known.
Over a year gone by now or so we lost a dear friend Drew to the spirit realm due to a particular incident between him and some squatch activity.
RIP DREW FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS.
Joan if you wanted to come please let us know.

THank you

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i can never tell if new age con-(wo)men actually believe the spiritual word salad they spew any chance they get

but this womans worship of teal and turquoise is no joke

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
gently caress the haters Trapper Keeper cover art owns.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Great tan, Joan

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DickParasite posted:

Same.

E:

Personally I'm working on merging with the submarine sonar frequency. poo poo is 200 db.

OPSEC you fool!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Do hippies not believe in skin cancer either

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

http://joanocean.com/whalecrisis.html#anchor89168

Some really good poo poo here about her friend Kinsley Jarett (clairvoyant) who was apparently abducted by E.Ts and saw that they kept Dolphins in tanks. Cool.

quote:

One day, much to his surprise he was brought aboard an extraterrestrial spaceship where he witnessed many things including large pools for cetaceans. He willingly returned onto the ship by invitation over the next two days, finding the alien-looking people friendly and interesting. He kept appointments with them to meet the ship in the woods at 2:00 PM. Where he was brought into their aerial home. Here are 2 of the pools he subsequently drew and faxed to me, knowing about my work with cetaceans. These pictures of what he witnessed on the giant disk-shaped vehicle are of space ships equipped with pools for dolphins. If you look at the large windows around the outside of the ship, you can see whales passing by. It seems apparent that the ship is underwater. Kinsley drew the scenes within the ships exactly as he had seen them. It was significant to me because the dolphins had communicated to me in the past that they are in contact with extraterrestrials and they enter the underwater vehicles to communicate information about the oceans to the ETs.

quote:

FOR YOUR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, HERE IS THE MESSAGE SENT FROM THE BENEVOLENT ALIEN RACE TO KINSLEY JARRETT IN 1992:

That which you call a grid and which you saw through the eyes of the Higher Self can not be seen by the ordinary eyes for although as human beings, one's eyes are suitably equipped to function within a wide range of frequencies, they are nevertheless limited to the ultra-high ranges in which we exist. This is why most of our craft and ourselves seem often to be invisible. Yet we exist in what is to us quite a wonderful realm of existence. Had we not wished to be revealed to you, and even though your perceptiveness had been raised, you would have been unable to see the image or record the activities. We have allowed this to be documented so that such activities may be shared with your closest friends according to your discretion. It has already been known that a so-called grid system has been positioned in this locality. It is an extension from the common grid, which circles the Earth. This network has been placed under water and within the Earth eons ago and is constantly under repair. This is a requirement brought about by the continual advancement of Earth 's technologies and due to the earth movements. In brief, the main purpose of the grid is to enable our craft to more easily track accurately to any mapped position on the Earth globe, whenever the urgent necessity of our presence is required, whether this be requested by Humans or not, for we take our commands from the governing Universal Spirit Source. We have placed ultra-sensitive equipment upon certain grid locations, which you have envisaged as pyramid shapes. These adhere to the grid sections using our form of electro-magnetic force fields, which transmit information to us on matters, which would be of little interest to you or any Human Being at this time. Let us assure you however, that because we are in service to the Divine Source, no harm will be caused. All of you are dearly loved unconditionally and it is the hope of all that before too long, in your linear time, we will become united caring for each other, the cetaceans and for all of the creatures of life upon the glorious globe of Earth.

We bless you and thank you for your continued interest.

There you have it. Its pretty stock standard new agey poo poo: Vortices, ETs, bad art, electro magnetism, vague notions about "vibrations"

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

This is pretty sweet, also reminds me I need to replay Ecco the Dolphin.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"skeet so much they call her Joanie Ocean / unh / like a eighteen wheeler"

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

The_Continental posted:

Think of timecube but dolphins and bathed in teal.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

John Ocean sans lotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Zeniel posted:

John Ocean sans lotion

Hahahaha

My avatar is looking down from heaven, or up from hell, and smiling