Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I found this smoke plume and fire tracker, the massive gray splotches are all the smoke plumes.

Enjoy your sunsets, friends across the Atlantic!

https://fire.airnow.gov/?lat=37.09024&lng=-95.712891&zoom=10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Yeah surveryors get really bored.

There are seven Molly's Nipples or variants of that name in UTAH

naem
May 29, 2011

I thought they shut that place down

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fire in St Helena. 800 acres right now, hopefully doesn't get bigger. Potentially some planned power outages as well

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

defund police, fund fire departments and the forestry service

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
There are big fires in wine country, CA again. Evidently a lot of wineries straight-up can't use their grapes this year because of smoke taint. Gotta seriously wonder how much longer wine-growing in the region will be feasible. Not very long

Funny how I keep hearing about climate change threatening wine because of excess heat/too little water, but I don't often see "grapes getting pwned by wildfire smoke" mentioned, even though that's a likely result of the first two factors.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zugzwang posted:

There are big fires in wine country, CA again. Evidently a lot of wineries straight-up can't use their grapes this year because of smoke taint. Gotta seriously wonder how much longer wine-growing in the region will be feasible. Not very long

Funny how I keep hearing about climate change threatening wine because of excess heat/too little water, but I don't often see "grapes getting pwned by wildfire smoke" mentioned, even though that's a likely result of the first two factors.

how long until we rename Newfoundland back to Vinland when the climate shifts enough that it becomes an ideal wine-growing region

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Making a slight name change so that GBS has a catchall severe weather thread. I hope that is ok.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Making a slight name change so that GBS has a catchall severe weather thread. I hope that is ok.

[Country] Weather: The [Direction] [Geography] is [Poorly]

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
[gently caress]

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Cat 3 hurricane headed for the Deep South

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

local police blotter posted:

A woman said she believes people posing as firefighters came to her property thursday morning saying there was a hot spot in the [location of hot spot]. the subjects were driving a fire truck, and the woman said the subjects asked a bunch of questions, like where the fire line was, and left.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
People have done that where i worked in a hospital. After the alarms went off and the doors shut automatically three dudes with firefighting gear came calmly stomping in asking where the fire was . Then they left maybe they were imposters

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stealing a fire engine just to confuse crazy people is the long con that never stops paying dividends.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
stop trusting anyone in a uniform, dammit

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kerning Chameleon posted:

stop trusting anyone in a uniform, dammit

- a guy who has been tricked one too many times by a guy in a pizza delivery uniform saying he has a large sausage for him

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

OC getting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNzUs7F_x0

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

OC getting it

not getting it enough IMO.

Irvine should be burnt, razed and flattened. Or at least just the bits controlled by the Irvine Company. Which is all of it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

frumpykvetchbot posted:

not getting it enough IMO.

Irvine should be burnt, razed and flattened. Or at least just the bits controlled by the Irvine Company. Which is all of it.

Its getting close to it. Just drove through there, not too great.

naem
May 29, 2011

I’ve left the fire coast for the not-underwater-yet coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol everyone down at the Walmart parking lot taking photos