Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Google is watching your every move! Just like Sting! So this is a dumb lil' thread where we google our legal names (You don't need to post what it is here), and then post what the first three results are, in as much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with.

Mine are:
1. My linkedin account. Lol. I haven't even logged into that drat thing for years! At least 5.

2. The facebook post my former boss made slagging me off and trying to get me in trouble with immigration/stop other people from hiring me after I quit.

3. My Facebook page, which I closed a few years ago after unfriending everyone so I'd never be tempted again!

Bonus content: The 7th result is my recently deceased grandmother's obituary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Without my middle name
#1 My profile site at my current job

#2. a lawyer from my home state who works in the city my first gf was from

#3 a dude’s instagram who is apparently from a neighboring state judging by their college sports fandom, and who also liked dale earnhardt

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Lawyers. Tons of lawyers. Not even just the first three entries, the entire page. Pages, actually. Apparently I did something wrong in life, I don't show up anywhere. Just a sea of lawyers. Not even by my name, I just end up seeing a lot of lawyers that have not even similar names. A surprising amount of specialized criminal ones, too. :colbert:
The only facebook link down by a lot is not me and written entirely wrong. Take that, Big Brother, you know nothing.

Maybe I should go to law school?

Escape From Noise

I have a pretty distinct last name so most of the links are related to me. Dag

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

That's the big advantage if your last name is ShitmanFart. It's really common.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I have an obscenely common name. So common, in fact, that there is a guy with my same first, middle and last name who was born on the same exact day as me, so we're the same age with the same name. Also, he's a felon, so he crops up every time I have a background check. I hate him, but I'm also intensely curious about his life.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Seems to be other dead guys with my name.

Prof. Crocodile

i share a name with a rather talented artist who actually used to live in the same town as me. this doesn't sound too unlikely, but i have an extremely uncommon last name.

pseudorandom

Wikipedia page, and a couple stats sites for a football player.

On Bing it's about the same, but—following the pattern of the thread—the first result is also a lawyer.

pseudorandom fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 14, 2020

google THIS

First result for my name is an IMDB entry for an actor who only has one credit in an A&E TV movie. Then generic Facebook results, then my LinkedIn, so I'm the second most popular me on the internet

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
some psychologists webpage, a death metal guitarist, and (if i use my full polish name) the grave of a guy with my name who lived from 1912-1929, interred in Pennsylvania. It seems my life is a borges short story. That or i'm a ghost haunting the internet :iiam:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Escape From Noise

magic cactus posted:

some psychologists webpage, a death metal guitarist, and (if i use my full polish name) the grave of a guy with my name who lived from 1912-1929, interred in Pennsylvania. It seems my life is a borges short story. That or i'm a ghost haunting the internet :iiam:

OMG! Posting from beyond the grave! Brought back to life, on the internet, through an online grave posting!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Forced to spend eternity as a goon.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Ouija board operator at the seance very confused by the reading of NO RING

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Jinh

Firstname lastname noquotes was a bunch of sports guys and a lawyer. "Firstname middlename lastname" in quotes has everything on me incl address, all direct family including ppl with other last names, party affiliation, and partial telephone number which I'm sure can be purchased for some kind of fee. Spooky!

Escape From Noise

With quotes I found this page as the fourth result. Kinda weird
https://audionames.com/

nut

my name is Goku Withboobs

google THIS

Oh I forgot to mention that the next notable result on my list is a soundcloud rapper

Finger Prince

1) ok apparently there's some third party company info aggregator that's scrobbled all the internal company contacts from work and I guess you can pay them to remove the asterisks from what they display? Kinda worrying because I don't like people knowing anything about where I work should they happen to know name. gently caress all I can do about it though I guess.

2) article about sports person with the same last name as my first name

3) see 2)

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
1) An Ohio State University professors profile on OSU.EDU. He is in the Animal Sciences Department!

2)Facebook search page for people who have my name

3)Facebook profile for someone who shares my name (not me!)

On at least the first 2 pages there is nothing linking you directly to anything personal of mine, aside from linked in search results showing 9 people with my name (and I am one of them)

Check and mate.

super sweet best pal

First, middle, last name in quotes gives nothing. I'm off the grid!

Just the first and last name gives a wikipedia entry for some soccer player.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
My quora account, my pinterest, my bodybuilding.com profile page

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Kazinsal

1) the Facebook of some dude who works in a hospital in America

2) a hand carved staircase (???)

3) a gofundme for someone's dental work

with quotes, 1) is the same, and the rest of the first page is obituaries

more falafel please

forums poster

oh man

so my dads family is from jersey like way back pre revolutionary war (were not rich, my grandma was a waitress and then a clerk at a rite aid or something and my grandpa worked trades jobs until he died in his 40s) anyway one branch of that family moved to Virginia in the 18somethings and then one guy went to West Point and then he ended up being a confederate general

my grandparents didn't know anything about that they just named my dad a Regular Irish Catholic name i.e. one of the apostles. my parents named me after my dad. so now this guy whose family left jersey in the 18somethings and owned people is all the results for my name, which is pretty loving terrible. most people in the us with my last name are Black which is a reminder of how hosed up this country is and how white people cant help but benefit from the white supremacy this country was built on

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

1. a professor of cognitive psychology at Claremont Graduate University. The first result is the Us site.
2. the wiki of a Irish Rugby player who is 4 years younger than me.
3. the website of the psychologist in the first result.

If I include my middle name I get some churchy types.

So I guess huzzah for living in obscurity.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

FluffieDuckie

The lovely city of glompton helped me scrub my internetness when I was modded and my name is uncommon so pickings are slim

(1) my twitter account with 2 followers

(2) a professor overseas

(3) a poorly thought out interview I agreed to do about the volunteer work I was involved in. It’s exactly as cringey as it sounds and it was accompanied by the worst picture ever taken of me. Fortunately when I just looked the picture is gone, so at least 2020 has done us one favor.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I should scrub my internet history probably. I tried to report that post my ex boss made but...