Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That is how it worked in 9th and being able to teleport through infinitely tall terrain was one of the reasons why Fly was the best keyword. Now you have to measure diagonal distance up and down from terrain if you want to fly over (the very discussion we are having!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Made a new friend at the US Open in Tacoma and he had one of these babies.

Jucoci Miniatures Storage Case Miniatures Transport Case https://a.co/d/420DR6T

It's made of the right material in each area, the metal baking trays are just that, nicely powder coated and there's room for a big 2k army and all the books and snacks and extras as well. It is a lot, but it is so nice looking and I'm putting it on my Christmas list.

New friend said he almost got run over in a crosswalk in Tacoma, and he tossed his army box onto the sidewalk instead of getting it run over (he'd rather get hit than have to redo all his army work I guess) and the tiny ding on this case was nothing. He was fine. It sold me on it being a solid solution to carry lots of minis, super secure

Open your wallets and despair

130$ isn't too bad

stackofflapjacks fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 3, 2023

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Cross-posting from the painting thread.

Stephenls posted:

So close to being done with these. I want to try a trick with dots of yellow oil paint on the gun nodes and the lowest spots on the hanging wires before I call them finished, though.

(There's twenty-one of them because one is an experiment with putting the new gauss gun on an old style necron warrior. See if you can find him!)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

stackofflapjacks posted:

It's made of the right material in each area, the metal baking trays are just that, nicely powder coated and there's room for a big 2k army and all the books and snacks and extras as well. It is a lot, but it is so nice looking and I'm putting it on my Christmas list.

New friend said he almost got run over in a crosswalk in Tacoma, and he tossed his army box onto the sidewalk instead of getting it run over (he'd rather get hit than have to redo all his army work I guess) and the tiny ding on this case was nothing. He was fine. It sold me on it being a solid solution to carry lots of minis, super secure

130$ isn't too bad

This is currently on my 'to buy' list this winter

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

stackofflapjacks posted:

130$ isn't too bad

I've had my eye on this, was kind of waiting to hear a good real life review.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

x-post from painting thread, Chaos Termies might be my favorite sculpt I've painted yet other than the Dark Apostle

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
I'm trying to get into 40k again. In my previous attempts I've always stopped before actually assembling a playable army, which is one of my big regrets. This time, at the advice of a friend, I'm building an Adeptus Custodes army because those need so few models that I might actually relatively quickly make something playable, due to the low model count. I managed to assemble and prime a squad and it looks OK. Really dreading how much I'll mess up the actual painting, as it's been ten years since I last painted minis. I don't much fancy the usual golden look of custodes, so I'm going for something like grey armour with golden highlights, purple cloth, and not too much fine detail. Hopefully I'll be able to mostly rely on drybrishing, and it'll look decent even with my meagre skills. Any other advice for how novice painters should pick their fights in order to create something tolerable?

The basic style I'm going for is a bit like Lord Soth from Dragonlance:

I'm also pondering painting the weapons the colour of bone. Maybe it'll look stupid, but maybe it'll look cool.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh hey, after like 6 months of waiting I finally got my Kasrkin.
Now to decide if I want to paint them as Harakoni Grenadiers or not. And order a sprue of WGA Cannon Fodder 2 for one of the heads. :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Thanks for the guidance regarding carry cases and such, definitely interesting to see current practices vs the segmented foam carrycases everyone used when I last played. To come back around to Magnus specifically, should I look to magnetize his wings? I guess it's a question of what I do with the wings so they aren't bumping around.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/03/knight-lancers-bring-spearhead-tactics-to-warhammer-40000

For those who haven't seen the Knight Lancers rules yet, here's a surprisingly lengthy tactics article dealing with how they play in 40k.
For both loyalists and traitor knights.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
give me the plastic porphyrion james

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ok i have finished the first post of the 10th edition thread, if you want i can post it tonight and reserve two replies under it, the next threads first three posts are going to be:-

1. The setting and factions, where the lote situation is currently in tenth and the main characters

2. The tabletop game overview how to get started and links to resources on how to play it.

3. The hobby, the community and nice links and youtube channels and podcasts to look at.

I can upload the first part tonight then finish the other two over the weekend. Let me know if thats fine with you guys.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2023

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok i have finished the first post of the 10th edition thread, if you want i can post it tonight and reserve two replies under it, the next threads first three posts are going to be:-

1. The setting and factions, where the lote situation is currently in tenth and the main characters

2. The tabletop game overview how to get started and links to resources on how to play it.

3. The hobby, the community and nice links and youtube channels and podcasts to look at.

I can upload the first part tonight then finish the other two over the weekend. Let me know if thats fine with you guys.

Just post it.

Everyone else could have done it themselves by now and they haven't. If you've written anything crazy like T'au are actually fun to play against I'm sure people will tell you.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'll admit I held off because the rules section would have otherwise been completely empty. :v:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

New thread is up:-

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038545

it's super late where I am so I'm going to bed, I will fix up any mistakes in the morning and over the weekend will update the reserved posts with the game mechanics, hobby, Community, etc. critique and suggestions for change are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Goodbye 9th, Hello 10th

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 4, 2023