Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ardennes posted:

Wait aristocracies aren’t genetic? Is chairman Xi considered a monarch?
The American President is a monarch by design, and has only amassed more power over time. Not sure where Xi falls though, how does his position compare to that of POTUS?

CongoJack posted:

They are, but like 10,000 aristocratic families will keep the status quo as best they can. King Doofus the XII might do something interesting
It’s a pure numbers game. If you have a bunch of aristocrats, the chance of the average shifting dramatically due to random chance is infinitesimal, but with a single roll for a monarch you have a much higher chance of rapid shifts.

A Buttery Pastry has issued a correction as of 10:04 on May 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want to be a craven vizier whose wicked plot is easily foiled by the holy monarch, whose clear vision and devout faith allowed him to see through my tricks

Seems like a good gig

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

StashAugustine posted:

can we do arachno monarchism, op?

:hmmyes:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'd like to live in a kingdom where being the king's royal buttwiper is considered an amazing job which will help both me and my family.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Terminal autist posted:

they're identical in execution.

if only!!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Finally they made one

Interview with The United Monarchist Party of America Founder Austin Pomper

http://www.american3rdpartyreport.com/2021/08/interview-with-united-monarchist-party.html

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

6. Who would be King and what would that process look like?

Answer: That has not yet been decided for a few reasons. One, we are not at a place where we have enough political momentum for such a decision to be timely. Two, such a choice will be decided by what’s called an interregnum council which would be provided with all the resources necessary to properly deliberate on such a choice. And lastly, choosing now would be irresponsible because the candidate will automatically become the “face” of the movement and as such exposed to unnecessary and unwarranted attention. Anyone opposed to us would do anything in their power to find gossip or dirt about that individual, or their family if they are desperate, and attacks on them would be tantamount to attacking the movement and would invariably be used to discredit the movement and its principles.

There are two main criteria for who it can or would be: that they be a US citizen or have birthright citizenship, and that they be identifiably different from the masses. Why? One, Citizenship would provide them constitutional legitimacy and so would most likely be needed in the future. Two, as of the 2020 census there are over 331 million people in the USA so going through a list of that many people would be impractical, and what claim to a future monarchy could one average citizen possibly have over any other? Thus, they need to be “identifiably different” from everyone else and that also helps to cut down the list of possible claimants.
9. Bourbon or Bonaparte?

Answer: I don’t really concern myself with the claimants to the French Throne. I do admire both Louis XIV and Napoleon Bonaparte; I suppose it is up to the French whether they want an Empire or a Kingdom to see which of the Three claims they want to have as sovereign of France.

Boo, that is an unserious person unwilling to take a stand on the issues we care about. Name the claimant!

Why would a monarch need to be a citizen anyway? That's the sort of creeping nationalism that undermined European monarchies in the first place.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It needs to be trump or jeb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the king can only move one space in any direction I don't see what the big loving deal is

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Meh, liberal democracy has proven to be a big wet fart with lamer aesthetics. Bring back da kangs.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlk_sLMfnBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

yes I'm a huge dumbass but at least I never stop and take criticism with a smile