Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

it happened like a dozen times in the pa mountain towns

there is also that ongoing one in alabama where a dude actually dared to run for mayor and won (there hadn't been elections with actual candidates for 40 years or something)

oh i didn't know about the pa thing. the alabama one was a different faction of "government" conspiring with cops to just ignore elections, which is slightly different than what i was curious about although not really in a meaningful way now that i type it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think something similar happened in one of the CA towns that wanted to secede from either california or the US (there's a couple of both and tbh i just don't pay much attention to their platforms, lol). iirc the sheriff decided to overthrow the local government and they had a standoff going, this was probably 3-4 years ago

either way it happens surprisingly often all around the country. the us isn't nearly as stable as it seems at a glance

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the endgame of the authoritarian brain is always "I'm a warlord"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://x.com/robrousseau/status/1785833037118283852

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vote!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I just did! (this thread a 1)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

it's funny because they literally seem to believe this lol

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

if you think that's bad, just imagine how much bird flu will be in milk if trump wins

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
new bit: paleo carnivore guy that grudgingly starts stanning biden because he really did make milk poisonous trash that erases your balls

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eminent DNS posted:

if you think that's bad, just imagine how much bird flu will be in milk if trump wins

the same amount?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

the same amount?

probably a little less

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

probably a little less

why did you vote for Trump, did you think it’d be funny?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

raminasi posted:

oh i didn't know about the pa thing. the alabama one was a different faction of "government" conspiring with cops to just ignore elections, which is slightly different than what i was curious about although not really in a meaningful way now that i type it out

yeah there was a spate of sheriffs or cops in tiny rear end mountain towns going nuts and forming posses to threaten local government. like hundred plus people towns real tiny

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

yeah there was a spate of sheriffs or cops in tiny rear end mountain towns going nuts and forming posses to threaten local government. like hundred plus people towns real tiny

lol where at, I grew up in a lovely PA mountain town

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pittsburgh

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

schuylkill county. a lot of the towns have gone state police only since their cops kept pulling this poo poo. my friend is from one of the tiny towns where a cop was trying to start poo poo but it was around when andrew tate got arrested so no one watched his rumble videos and he just moved back to jersey

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

in what initially seems like a miracle, the entire country unites and writes AOC in as president. she then announces trump as her vp pick and violently resigns on live TV right after inauguration. despite all the warnings we still got played. voted for trump after all

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's right

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm sorry children, but israel has to exist for the second coming of Christ. no I don't care what they're up to that's not the point

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's what we mean when we say we're a Christian nation. we need Israel

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

schuylkill county. a lot of the towns have gone state police only since their cops kept pulling this poo poo. my friend is from one of the tiny towns where a cop was trying to start poo poo but it was around when andrew tate got arrested so no one watched his rumble videos and he just moved back to jersey

I grew up in Northumberland county just to the north of Schuylkill and and the dumbest assholes I grew up with are cops now. Figures

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the first few paragraphs of this article are why america hates the libs

Opinion: If Trump wins, I might leave America for good

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

man, writing an article threatening to leave your city/country is the most bitchmade move possible. i don't care what your reasons are. if you were being hounded by gangs that were threatening to murder you with gasoline and to conscript your kids into a child army, you should leave, you shouldn't write a fuckin article about it

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I mean, the people who are being hounded by gangs don't have the means to write an article about it. Articles are something the failchildren of the idle rich write now.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gangstalkers keep probing me

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you may know them as....mods

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

bet. it will be done to clear the Chicago streets prior to the DNC

oh come on. that could never happen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Truman Peyote posted:

man, writing an article threatening to leave your city/country is the most bitchmade move possible. i don't care what your reasons are. if you were being hounded by gangs that were threatening to murder you with gasoline and to conscript your kids into a child army, you should leave, you shouldn't write a fuckin article about it

i literally have citizenship of another country and a second passport and i don't have any plans to leave. i have made my life here and i'm sticking with it until they nuke the city to wipe out the woke or somethign

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 3, 2024

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Truman Peyote posted:

i think announcing on CNN that you're going to really take a stand and run away to your apartment in france across from the tuileries, permanently this time, is a very brave action and one the common people can understand and get behind

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rhPF2MuJ9Y

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

skipping 200 posts of probably mostly liberal copium , is it still goin?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

welp

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://x.com/benbinday/status/1786105641989206425

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sweating guy representing the police with two buttons labeled “beating college students” and “continue doing nothing all day”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ADINSX posted:

“continue doing nothing all day”

the ppd has done nothing but select this one once they removed the statue to their god and former fascist mayor of philly frank rizzo

the city is better off