Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

more falafel please posted:

lol what are halloween mini pretzels

https://imgur.com/a/7EjKUVZ

Apparently, they are just small snack pretzels in festive single serving bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor

we should, as a community, watch over the garden wall together.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

The Voice of Labor posted:

we should, as a community, watch over the garden wall together.

There's a stickied thread for the sharing of movies friend! We just watched The Last Man on Earth!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Just saw this while walking my dog

:spooky:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Chewbecca

prepuce repurposed posted:

Just saw this while walking my dog

:spooky:

nice!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Twenty Four

starbucks hermit posted:

https://imgur.com/a/7EjKUVZ

Apparently, they are just small snack pretzels in festive single serving bags.

I'm sure some kids would be like "aww pretzels wtf?" but if its a choice between thing or a "pick two things" sort of deal I would imagine having a little something different instead of just more of the same could be pretty popular. I'd go for it.

Giving out something unconventional along with the regular candy stuff always seems to be a huge hit with the kids here. You hand the older ones a soda or the younger ones a juice box on top of a couple pieces of candy and they just go nuts!

Jinh

starbucks hermit posted:

I took a couple of pictures at a local CVS, which is a mid-sized pharmacy. Places like these always have a seasonal aisle, and for this month, the season is Halloween Candy. Orange colored kitkats,

https://imgur.com/a/FHgznmK

the buy 1 get 1 free meditating skeleton in the 3rd pic is my spirit animal

Jinh fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 5, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

The Voice of Labor

I always give out durian candy and fisherman's friends. I call it the "get off my lawn" mix

The Voice of Labor

with the peanuts and nightmare before christmas, it's weird how a commercial property ends up being the face of a holiday. I wonder if that happens in other countries.

The Voice of Labor

the ~hOrRoRs~ of small town america

Escape From Noise

the ~hOrRoRs~ of small town america

2real

Prof. Crocodile

some random halloween things

Sex Robot

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I’m that one fucker who hands out Bible tracts

Jinh

Sex Robot posted:

I’m that one fucker who hands out Bible tracts

drat that's a nice sig :discourse:

Escape From Noise

Don't forget the hallowed weenies!

Chewbecca

I hung rubber bats from the ceiling with fishing line :spooky:

Areola Grande

:stonk: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thought it was a real bat. U got me chewb :argh:

Chewbecca

How goes does it look though, I'm way too proud of my halloween house lol

Areola Grande

it looks great! spooky mistletoe :mrgw:

Chewbecca

prepuce repurposed posted:

it looks great! spooky mistletoe :mrgw:

:shehuck:

Chewbecca

I've got a whole garland of these guys and we are in love :colbert:

Areola Grande

I bet ur neighbors think you've gone batty :imunfunny:

Escape From Noise

Here's a good Halloween tune (by an Australian)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8Ygt_t69A

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

post incoming

sb hermit

it took me forever to find this thread to make a post for my buddy chewbecca so I'm going to bump it just this once on halloween because it is a halloween thread and I need to post in it for something and if I bump it then it's easier to find

sb hermit

only one trick o' treater tonight so far but since it's before 7 it could get crazy later

sb hermit

I carved a pumpkin! He's misshapen so he falls down whenever he's moved. Yes, I did carve his nose and mouth, you can see it behind the mask.

Chewbecca

That pumpkin is exceptional and I love him!

sb hermit

it's 8, and only a handful of kids showed up. No teens. Very quiet night. I packed my goodies into sandwich bags so that I can toss them to kids and maintain distance. Half of my stash is still remaining.

I'll probably pack it up at 9 pm.

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

That pumpkin is exceptional and I love him!

Thank you!

The Voice of Labor

-politic warning-

the people who "march in protest" by driving dumbly big trucks around also trick or treat by driving their kids around in the same dumbly big trucks. that is the new evolution in american suckiness. walking for any reason is now passe

Chewbecca

-politic warning-

the people who "march in protest" by driving dumbly big trucks around also trick or treat by driving their kids around in the same dumbly big trucks. that is the new evolution in american suckiness. walking for any reason is now passe

You can't drive for trick or treating, surely :psyduck:

snergle

A kind little mouse!
im suprise they drive around trick or treating.

because trick or trunking is the big thing in the lovely super christian areas of the country. you go to the church parking lot and march around in a circle sadly getting 1 tootsie roll at a time from each car until you circled how ever many times they let you then you leave. some people decorate their trunks to look festive but 99% of the them are two jerks sitting in the bed of a pick up truck trying badly to make fun of your costume and making sure you only take one tootsie roll.

The Voice of Labor

Chewbecca posted:

You can't drive for trick or treating, surely :psyduck:

you shouldn't drive for trick or treating as it defeats the raison d'etre of the activity which is seeing your neighbors/what they are up to and allowing the olds of the neighborhood to delight in the youths of the neighborhood.

american gentrification and separation of neighborhoods along class lines has made it a long standing tradition to drive out to the rich neighborhoods, but that's more a grassroots wealth redistribution thing and you still associate with your neighbors, just you do it in a different neighborhood.

cruising around town and stopping on a door to door basis is 2020 hyperatomization bizarreness and a really ominous portend of post covid/political stratification american "society"

Jinh

Parents definitely always rode in the street really slowly near their kids, at least every neighborhood I've lived in has had people doing it. It wasn't the most common way of trick or treating but I'm not surprised it's more popular now.

Trunk or treating sounds awwwwful though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64

e: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i dont really remember parents playing into things for halloween but granted this was a youth spent in the 90s which culturally was more of a latchkey kid generation anyway. even as young as seven there was no parental supervision, just sticking to a group of friends. i remember one of the big crazes back then was DIY haunted houses where people would just decorate the heck out of their home and people en masse would enter through the garage and out the front door of random people's places

i grew up in new jersey which has its very own special holiday the night before halloween: mischief night

on this night is when most adolescents run around vandalizing peoples properties; egging doors, TPing peoples yards and houses, bags of dogshit on the front door and lighting them on fire

i miss it

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 1, 2020