Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
It's actually harder to keep nutrition up if you're less active. Your stomach empties and it takes longer to build up all those points. There's also a lot more you can do with your homestead. But I get it, as a farmer if you sow more fields, that's just more poo poo to do when it's grown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Speaking of Farming...

Between all these tiered farms of Camas Bulbs and Huckleberry Bushes, I have managed to totally deplete my soil's Potassium and will have to engage with the Fertilizer mechanic properly for once.

The horror.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Same except flax. Also the new AU chain needs huckleberry extract -> fertilizer iirc.

It's cool that huckleberries are important!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Had a fun session running around hustling goods through stores. Turned some fish, meat, and logs into a tailoring skill scroll, five pieces of decorative furniture, and some currency (Peels).

There's definitely some appeal to wandering around playing go-between trader, and if you catch stores that are a little behind, you can really make a killing. Down with currency!

Anyhow, I think I'm going to go Tailoring, given that no one inside a kilometer seems to actually be producing cloth and that the other butcher went cooking.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

12 rats tied together posted:

Same except flax. Also the new AU chain needs huckleberry extract -> fertilizer iirc.

It's cool that huckleberries are important!

Flax doesn't care about nutrients though. I've never seen the yield potential decrease after harvesting.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Good luck, gonna try to feed some cotton, but it's all the way down in the swamp and it feels like you need a huge field to get any decent return on it.

And yeah, I'm usually really indifferent on currency, but unfortunately it only holds up when you can get a good chain or arbitrage from running around going.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

:cheers:

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Maybe it takes a bit longer to grow? Maybe all the nutrient stuff does is affect grow time?

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

It affects yield! I get 4 flax per node in the nutrition void I've created, and 8 elsewhere. I haven't actually planted any flax in the void since it became such an obvious void, I stopped yesterday.

I did have to pull about 14,000 flax out of that area before it changed into this color.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

On the last server I played, I planted flax in one spot and after 10 harvests, I still got 9 per reap. The server didn't have any mods either, aside from like big shovel.

Maybe I just never got to that point? Like it takes a ton of harvests for the nutrition levels to start affecting flax yields?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I think I'm done at this point, kind of getting boring shoveling out huckleberries which are mostly bought by people doing arbitrage, especially as the game is now only a couple of days away from completion.

Nevertheless, thanks to everybody (especially dipwood) with whom I interacted with this time around.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah. Game is neat, but in real life I'm already an economic bottom feeder. Kinda hurts to scramble for scraps in my fun time.

That alone is a-okay survival game, but the 5 sec lag minimum on any action makes hunting and crafting incredibly tedious. Feels like 90s dial up Neopets on that server.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

That Yee Valley place from earlier is close to done and one of the people there is doing a new one and redirecting the Yee Valley people there at the end of the month. So if anyone still has an Eco fix, and wants to try without lag, it could be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

The 10.1 update is out and fixes quite a few little pain points - https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/382310/view/3976182006226873766

If you run a modded server, you will definitely benefit from taking a backup before you patch! Yee Valley server had a couple things that caused problems so unless you like reading stack traces (you maniacs) like this one:

keep a backup handy just in case!

In this case the fix was to remove the Elixr Mods/Eco.EM.Framework.dll thing and NidToolbox. The mods from UserCode, like changed recipes and Shipping Containers all carried on working fine.